Project Engineer - Cost Controls – (mechanical / engineer / scheduling / contracts / marine mining) – Cape Town, South Africa
Reference Number: 9622102NDS
My client specializes in the development and implementation of customised and innovative solutions for modular and conventional mineral processing plants in the mining industry. They offer process and design development and implementation services to mining operations globally The Company requires a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Project Engineer.
- Reporting to the Project Manager you will need to assist in the management of overall project activities and resources to produce results in alignment with the Client’s, Company’s and Project’s requirements.
- Deliver support and technical competence, as part of the project team, in the delivery of the projects and studies to meet the requirements of the Client and their projects in accordance with contracts.
- Follow the various (project specific and company) procedures, work practices, plans and protocols required to work efficiently and maintain a consistent approach and high standard
- Ideal candidates will possess a strong understanding of project controls (principally cost, schedule and contract administration
Requirements: Qualification and Skill:
- Engineering qualification or equivalent, preferably with a mechanical emphasis
- At least 10 years’ proven industry experience, with 5 years’ experience in project engineering, (minerals processing or project delivery)
- Substantial Marine Engineering experience would be advantageous
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate scheduling and cost control ability using approved software
- Technical background with a broad multi-disciplinary base, preferably in mineral processing plant / infrastructure construction.
- Demonstrate knowledge of contract standards and a sound background in contract administration duties
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of project implementation, constructability, OH&S, environmental, community and industrial relations issues
- Ability to achieve consistently high standards within budget and schedule constraints
- Good organisational and personal time management skills
- Capacity to evaluate work practices, suggest alternatives and refinements where necessary
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, with a consistently high degree of accuracy and producing high quality deliverables
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent position
- Based in Cape Town with travel to different project sites
- Market Related ZAR package on offer
- Open to all South African citizens
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.