Procurement Manager (Mining / Supply Chain / Chinese / ERP / Logistics / Procure / Purchase Orders) – West Africa
Reference Number: 281 1202 MHU
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for the procurement of goods and services through the development and implementation of purchasing strategies plans and the management of supplier relationship. Other areas of responsibility include price negotiation, planning, production, inventory control and quality control. This role reports directly in to the Managing Director.
- Procure materials and services in a timely and cost effective way while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications as per negotiated and appropriately approved, ensuring adherence to policy and procedures with specific reference to authorisation levels and number of quotations obtained to enforce competitive purchasing.
- Implement procurement strategy and policies.
- Forecast procurement needs, monitor macro trends in supplier and contract base and implement plans to react.
- Manage vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships.
- Accountable for the supervision and time management of all procurement section staff to ensure optimum performance levels are maintained, leading the procurement group in all phases.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, approve and issues purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action.
- Liaise with Finance Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier.
- Accountable for all expediting functions carried out whether handled personally or delegated.
- Delivering a safe workplace place in respect to personnel and the environment for the storage of physical stocks, chemicals and other general items.
- Ensure compliance with relevant HSE policies, procedures, objectives and regulations and the commitment to achieving Zero Harm through safe behaviours.
- Ensure compliance with relevant HR policies, procedures, objectives and regulations through appropriate behaviours
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor's degree in, business, engineering, supply chain management, or equivalent degree and a minimum of 15 years' supply chain experience
- Fluent in English & Chinese – essential
- The position assumes a strong supply chain management background supplemented with academic qualification, preferably a Degree in Procurement & Logistics or Business Administration or Management
- Proven management experience in a similar role within a mining environment, or similar
- International and local procurement practices.
- International and local logistics management
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Advanced knowledge of ERP systems (SAP and/or Pronto).
- International air freight, sea freight and courier regulations and practices
- Proven experience in project management
- Experience with Multi-National companies
- Proven record to procure out of China
- Exposure to multi-national, ethnic and cultural environments
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO expat position with a roster of 9/3
- Competitive USD salary
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.