Logistics Officer ( freight / transportation / mining / offshore ) – Cape Town, South Africa
Reference Number: GAS0072
This person will be responsible for sourcing transportation, negotiating rates and developing shipment solutions for our operations in Africa. The successful applicant will be solution driven, organised, have high attention to detail and excellent customer service in delivering the greatest value for their clients.
- Create, analyse and determine the best value options for our clients and vessels.
- Quote and arrange a variety of shipments: Simple: Points A to B, Complex: Points A to B to C
- Domestic and international Multimodal: air, road, ocean, rail, oceans, truck Project specific.
- Perform with competitiveness on transportation solutions based on time.
- Qualify and select carriers based on company policy. Organize pickups, delivery and billing in a timely manner.
- Consolidation of shipments, loading and executing travel plans with service providers.
- Timely updates of shipment statuses, Prioritization of shipments based on client supplied requirements.
- Accurate and complete transaction documents.
- Familiar with SARS customs clearance and Forwarding policies. Liaise with customs officials as well as shipping agents
- Arrange requisite permits for the export and imports of special goods. Organise cranes and trucks for local and international transportation of goods Prepare cost benefit analysis on whether to buy or lease vehicles.
- Prepare manifests to be dispatched to shipping agents and the vessel before the goods are transported.
- Liaise with vessels on all VDAs received and location of the spares received. Prepare delivery schedules in consultation with the Warehouse Coordinator. Timely and effective resolution of issues, if they occur (delays, damage, etc)
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- At least 3 years Freight Forwarding or Logistics experience with responsibility for sourcing transportation, negotiation and administration is considered an asset.
- Post-Secondary Business Diploma/Degree is considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills with medium to advanced experience using Microsoft Word, Excel & Pastel.
- Two or more year’s customer service experience is considered an asset.
- Valid Truck Drivers & Hyster License is a plus
Benefits and Contractual information:
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.