Java Technical Lead Developer (Johannesburg / Sun / Oracle / IBM / programming / J2EE)
Our Client is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for mine safety, offers the services of a system integrator with comprehensive turnkey solutions including the full bouquet of multi-disciplinary services and program management methodologies required to ensure a successful and cost effective solution for the full spectrum of mine safety solutions and management.
In this position you will be given the opportunity to not only flex your technical and managerial skills but also your entrepreneurial skills by having the freedom to identify opportunities and to implement new products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform end to end Software Development Lifecycle activities.
- User Requirements Specification documentation, Technical documentation, User Acceptance Testing
- Planning and Supervising Projects
- Simulation and Modeling of Software
- Analysis and Object Oriented Design
- Software Testing and Quality Assurance
- Implement localization and globalization of Software as per market needs
- Performance tuning, balancing, improvement, automation and usability
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating problem definition, requirements and proposed solution
- Document and demonstrate Solutions by developing flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, and charts using UML.
- Improving operations by conducting System analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Update job knowledge by studying state of the art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, participating in Software development forums and reading professional publications.
- Protect Company property and operations by keeping information confidential.
- Develop Software Solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas.
- Oversee and implement source and version control of Software
- Experiment with various software development tools and evaluating them for the effectiveness of the application.
- Ability to manage a team and delegating work.
Education & Experience Required:
- BSc Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent tertiary qualification.
- Java Certifications (Sun, Oracle, IBM) would be an added advantage.
- Min seven (7) years working experience using Object Oriented programming and J2EE.
- Experience as a Lead Developer and number of successful projects completed.
- Problem Solving Skills
- Object Oriented Programming in Java
- Mulititier and Model View Controller Architectural Patterns
- Knowledge of Design Patterns.
- Knowledge of Unit Testing and Integration Testing.
- Database design, data access, stored procedures and Scripting
- ORM frameworks (JPA and Hibernate)
- Spring framework.
- Spring webflow
- Java Server Faces and Primefaces.
- Dynamic Jasper Reports
- HTML, HTML5, JSP, XML
- Tomcat Application Server
- Postgres DB
- JMS, ActiveMQ, Web Services, SOA.
- Maven, Jenkins, SVN
- Springsource and Eclipse IDE.
- Proficient in Agile software development methodology. In particular SCRUM.
- Logging frameworks (Apache Commons, Log4J etc.)
- XML and JSON processing
- JSPs and Servlets
- Tag Library
- In depth knowledge and familiarity with both Windows and Linux Operating Systems
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.