Firmware Embedded Engineer (Embedded Systems / Hardware and Software R&D)
Our Client is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for mine safety, offers the services of a system integrator with comprehensive turnkey solutions including the full bouquet of multi-disciplinary services and program management methodologies required to ensure a successful and cost effective solution for the full spectrum of mine safety solutions and management.
Education & Experience Required:
- A Bachelor's degree in electronic/computer engineering
- A Master or doctoral level degree will be an added advantage.
- 3-6 years’ experience in the Electronic Engineering field with emphasis on Embedded Systems
- 5 years embedded C, C++ experience
- Java / C# experience will be beneficial
- Hardware and Software R&D Experience non-negotiable
- Gas detection Technologies experience beneficial
- Knowledge of Collision Warning and Detection Technologies
- Instrumentation and Control knowledge
- Familiar with wireless communication technologies
- Experience with RTOS coding is beneficial
- Experience with safety critical systems
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary environment will be an advantage
- Experience with “Bare Metal” microprocessor coding
- Capable of showing prior work done
- Must be technically competent with good presentation & communication skills & a willingness to travel.
- Ability to work towards deadlines.
- Ability to be self-directed.
- Design and develop various types of algorithms, control interfaces and drivers.
- Capable of generating algorithms against business rules
- Embedded Software design and maintenance.
- Strong technical ability, especially the ability to see the whole picture without ignoring the detail.
- Analyze higher-level defined project requirements and consequently define lower-level sub-system functionalities and solutions as required.
- Interpret user requirements and specification in order to generate detailed item development.
- Conduct design reviews of sub-systems, that is, hardware and software as required.
- Prepare design information to a suitable quality and standard to ensure quality management.
- Participate in the development of design standards and recommend modifications as appropriate.
- Maintain networks and relationships with key customers, consultants, contractors, suppliers and planning authorities, in order to effectively deliver technical advice and meet deadlines on engineering projects.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of relevant engineering legislation, engineering tools and policies as they apply to projects, and ensure that all engineering work adheres to regulation and requirements.
- Confident in the use of multiple toolchains and debugging equipment.
- Ability to work within constrained systems, and extract performance.
- Ability to manage and work within complex code projects.
- Capable of bringing up new hardware systems from scratch.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.