Senior Logistics Manager (Customs / Strategy / Policy forming / FMCG) - Luanda
A retail entity in Angola is looking for a Senior Logistics & Distribution Manager to provide total logistics support to the country, by managing the optimal output of the in-country distribution center.
- Manage a team of Logistics Managers to maximise the Country Logistics KPA outputs.
- Develop a warehousing and distribution strategy for Angola as aligned with the broader supply chain strategy.
- Develop and roll out standard operating procedures in management of distribution centres and transport to all African countries.
- Lead and manage the development, training and implementation, as well as documentation and management of the changes required to these.
- Initiate and lead optimization projects in the Angolan DC’s and transport functions to ensure improved service delivery, efficiencies, labour productivity and capacity utilization.
- Interpret the Key Performance requirements, create action plans and implement to ensure efficient inflow, storage and distribution of products, as well as transport solutions from the DC’s to stores, including DC layout and design for flow optimization, as well as sourcing of capital items required in logistics functions.
- Reduce costs and increase efficiency and effectiveness in the Angola DC’s and store delivery transport activities.
- Ensure long term DC capacity in resources and people as part of the senior leadership team in the Supply Chain function, build strong relationship with the Buying, Planning and store Operations departments, upstream and downstream supply chain departments, as well as external service providers.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Tertiary Qualification
- Masters would be highly advantageous
- Extensive Customs knowledge and experience within Angola
- 8 years’ experience in logistics and managerial role
- Retail supply chain experience
- Willingness to travel extensively within the country
- English, compulsory – Portuguese, strong advantage
- Angolan Nationals only
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global – Banking, Insurance, Legal and Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.