HR Director (mining / strategy / site based / French / English / SAP) – West Africa
Our client is a mining house with mine operations in West Africa. They are currently seeking an experienced bilingual (English and French) HR Director who will deal with various local aspects of HR and administration including all policies & procedures, recruitment, inductions, appraisals, Industrial Relations, While focusing on issues related to the assigned geography the role is key to the Group in promoting / implementing and internalizing company - wide HR practices.
- Active participation in the long-term strategic business planning and annual budgeting processes with responsibility for devising manpower and personnel cost plan for the supported businesses;
- Driving Cost Dialogue around all personnel related expenses; rigorously managing agreed budget; finding and executing opportunities for continuous improvement and cost optimization;
- Ensuring alignment between business performance goals and employees’ objectives by driving a rigorous Target Dialogue process with clear objective setting, feedback sessions and year end rewards;
- Helping drive employee productivity through professional / technical training and incentive schemes;
- Facilitate employee engagement by building positive team spirit and inspiring corporate culture based on their group’s values and ethical standards;
- Supporting business leadership and line management in continuous upgrade of organizational capability through talent assessment and development instruments with particular focus on local talent growth;
- Equipping operations with high quality manpower through effective and efficient recruitment, selection and on-barding processes and skillful application of reward instruments;
- Preventing and managing operational risks associated with labor issues and HR processes;
- Leading internal communication to ensure that employees are heard and well informed;
- Promoting safety agenda through HR tools.
- HR administration, training, career planning, localization, compensation and benefits framework, KPI reporting, HR systems, disciplinary actions, travel, visas and work permits for non-nationals.
- Corporate values, Corporate ethical standards, Recruitment policy
- Talent management practices: talent reviews, succession planning, high-potential employees identification & development, individual development for key employee categories, Leadership development program, technical training for front-line
- Compensation & Benefits practices: annual salary reviews; annual bonus payouts; job grading
- Performance Management: target dialogue
- Tracking personnel –related costs & productivity and other personnel related KPIs
- Using SAP HR
- Reporting into the Site General Manager and Functional reporting to the Group HR Director
- Extensive experience in HR generalist roles – no less than 8 years; prior experience supporting more than one business is a plus
- MBA or equivalent degree
- Exposure to African environment and working in multi-cultural teams
- Fluent French and English
- Strong leadership, ability to drive, inspire and extensive change management experience
- Strong numerical skills & experience managing budgets
- Great negotiation skills and aassertive written and verbal communication skills
- Continuous improvement and right-sizing experience
- Understanding labor code and personnel-related requirements of BF
- Background in mining industry is a plus
- Permanent Expatriate contract
- Work location – mine site based (Burkina Faso)
- FIFO 6 weeks on - 3 weeks off rotational basis
- Competitive package of salary, benefits and annual bonus scheme
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.