Asset Management – Senior Accountant (Renewable Energy / Investment / Risk / Sandton)
Our client is an Independent Power Producer that develops, owns and operates renewable energy power plants (Hydro, Solar, Wind, Landfill gas to electricity). They own and operate over 924 MW of wind and solar power plants.
As part of the Asset Management Team the individual will report the Senior Asset Manager. The individual will be responsible under direction, to perform a variety of professional level accounting duties involved in preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying, and reconciling complex financial transactions, statements, records, and reports; maintains the accuracy of the company’s ledgers and subsidiary financial systems; assists in the preparation of assigned budgets, prepares the annual financial statements and assists with the annual audit.
- Setting up and improving accounting processes and internal controls where needed;
- Implementing ERP system for accounting & controlling;
- Capturing, accounting & reporting for all transactions and accounts for all entities;
- Maintenance of general ledger including processing of monthly adjusting journal entries;
- Prepares and maintains ledger accounts and related activities to produce annual financial statements and fiscal reports;
- Loading of payments to settle Accounts Payable (4 X payment runs per month);
- Maintenance of Accounts Payable;
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register;
- Maintain filing & recordkeeping system;
- Performs complex accounting activities such as account reconciliation and preparation of journal entries;
- Liaising with external and other auditors for the statutory, internal and other types of audits of the all entities, along with financial statement preparation;
- Assisting in audit process and financial statement preparation for all companies;
- Prepare the monthly reporting packs for review, as well as the quarterly reporting where needed;
- Prepare necessary month end, quarterly and annual reporting procedures as required;
- Prepare allocated balance sheet reconciliations for all entities;
- Overseeing income tax compliance, liaising with tax consultant for preparation and submission of annual income tax and provisional tax returns;
- Assisting with the preparation of the monthly VAT compliance liaising with tax consultant for preparation and submission of monthly VAT returns;
- Assist in effecting internal controls where necessary in the general work environment.
Requirements – experience and qualifications:
- Qualified CA (SA);
- Completed Articles served at one of the big 4;
- 3 years or more experience in accounting position in operational environment;
- Preparation of Financial Statements;
- Experience in filing income tax and VAT 201.
- Experience in operational accounting & controlling activities;
- Caseware knowledge advantageous;
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills; and proficiency in other Microsoft Office Suite of Products;
- General project management & administration experience.
- A high level of commitment and self-motivation;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills;
- The capacity to lead a team;
- Proficiency in IT;
- Honesty, integrity and trustworthiness.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.