Geo Tech Engineer (DRC / Rock Mechanics / Xstable) - Central Africa
This position is accountable for all rock engineering / geotechnical aspects on the operation with the focus on providing recommendations that will reinforce/support the open pit operations and that contribute to the Optimum extraction of the ore body for the Business Unit.
- Ability and experience to lead and manage staff reporting to the position
- Review Rock Mechanics strategies for a mine to apply and conform to the Code of Practice and direct management towards areas of unacceptable risk
- Studies and remains abreast of developments in the field of Rock Mechanics design rules during business plan process
- Remains technologically competent in all areas of current and future departmental activities
- Be pro-active in all aspects of operation safety, efficient utilization of resources, continuous improvement initiatives and encourage teamwork across the department
Requirements / Qualifications:
- A tertiary qualification in the Mining Engineering or Geosciences
- Advanced Chamber of Mines Rock Engineering Certificate (Must accompany CV);
- Minimum of 4 years Rock Engineering Management experience
- Working knowledge in swedge, xstable, dips, slide 3D mapper and face 2
- Exposure to IOS Geotechnical monitoring system is a prerequisite.
- A valid Certificate of Fitness or the ability to obtain one
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button
and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.