HSEC Manager (Safety / Projects / Mining / Operational Readiness / Expat ) – Southern Africa
Reporting to the Operations General Manager, the HSEC Manager will provide leadership and technical support to a new mining project in Botswana - ensuring that all Health, Safety, Security, Community and Environmental activities comply with best practice as well as legislative frameworks.
- Plan, development and implement fit for purpose Health, Safety, Security, Community and Environmental Management Systems that ensure that effective controls are in place to protect both employees plus mine assets;
- Develop monitoring systems and processes to ensure that any Health, Safety, Community and Environmental non-compliance is identified and rectified in a timely manner;
- Develop, evaluate and continuously monitor the emergency preparedness and crisis management requirements of this new project and develop strategic plans to ensure an adequate response capability is maintained;
- Together with Human Resources, build a successful team;
- Partnering actively with other managers and the Operations General Manager to provide strategic leadership and advice in respect to HSEC performance for the operation;
- Provide leadership to the HSEC team, ensuring a working environment that is conducive to the achievement of discipline targets and where employees can reach their full potential and maintain a strong safety culture;
- Builds a strong reporting culture ensuring all requisite reports are delivered professionally and timeously;
- Ensures compliance to both statutory requirements and mining policies and practices
- Developing and implementing HSEC improvement plans, programs and initiatives.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A relevant degree or diploma;
- Proven track record in mining projects plus experience in the area of operational readiness;
- Applicants must have a minimum of 15 years post graduate experience in HSEC management or a related area which includes 5 years in a management role;
- Excellent communication and people skills;
- Extensive experience in operational health, safety, security, community and environment in Africa as an expatriate
- A proven commitment towards Health, Safety, Community and Environment (HSEC) and Strong strategic leadership skills.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Residential status in Botswana
- USD salary taxed at 25% plus benefits
- 2 year expatriate contract
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.