Murex Developer (BSc Honors / Business Support / Development analyst) – Johannesburg, South Africa
Reference Number: OAB015
The purpose of the job is to perform the role of a Business Support and Development analyst for trading systems used within the Global Markets environment. We develop large, complex systems for financial derivative trading that facilitate the execution of trades and the calculation of financial risk. Customer interaction is mandatory in ensuring that support and the implementation of enhancements are carried out timeously.
- Develop/configure front-end and back-end portions of trading/risk management systems to be used by traders on the financial markets (Interest Rate Derivatives, Equity Derivatives, Foreign Exchange Derivatives, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange);
- Participate in the rapid development of front end pricing and risk tools for market making activities;
- Acquisition and documentation of pertinent business requirements;
- Implement reports for MIS and for trading decision support
- Participate in the development of integration solutions and other infrastructure projects;
- Provide intraday and overnight support for trading systems including the resolution of analytical queries;
- Become an expert in at least one area of financial trading, in order to facilitate appropriate IT solutions;
- Utilise strong inter-personal/communication skills to ensure that an acceptable level of service is delivered to customers; Vendor engagement;
- Responsible for testing all components of work which is developed and has been requested to be productionised onto the Murex environment which is being supported
- Ability to work in a high pressured environment
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSc Honors – Computer Science
- A minimum of 2-3 years working experience in in Trading Systems, either in 1st line support or in development and execution of projects.
- A minimum of 3-5 years post qualification experience.
- Experience in a Murex component. Risk, Value-at-Risk (VAR), Workflows, Reporting, Front Office (Curve construction, Pricing), GOM, Interfaces, Migrations
- Sybase (SQL)
- Pricing Financial Products
- Permanent position based in Johannesburg
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply now button’ and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Oil & Gas
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.