Mining Manager – (Open Pit / technical / mining engineer / degree / gold / Africa) - East Africa
Our client has a successful operating gold mine in East Africa and they are seeking to employ an exceptional Mine Manager to build, develop, and lead an effective team capable of delivering industry leading practices within the mining operations in order to achieve business objectives/targets.
- Establish and maintain processes to provide a safe workplace to all employees and external service providers undertaking work within area of accountability
- Establish and maintain processes to ensure the development of optimised short term, medium and long terms plans that ensure delivery of the budget requirements and the operations strategy
- Identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues; ensuring that appropriate focus and resources are available to achieve safety objectives.
- Understand key open pit mining processes and has demonstrated the ability to apply it in optimising performance.
- Understanding of good open pit production practices, management, support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance.
- Manage performance based on interpretation of data, initiate and drive the operational improvements as required.
- Demonstrate ability of delivering to production and cost targets.
- Effectively lead and communicate to all levels of the team.
- Understand key processes and systems to drive the best performance from all team members
- Use cost-benefit thinking to set priorities and identify cost-effective approaches
- Strong understanding of mining cost drivers and their impact to the overall financial results of the operation and develop operational budgets
- Understanding of good mine planning processes and drive the establishment of required planning systems and approaches.
- Strong knowledge in contract management practices and demonstrated ability in managing operational mining contracts.
- Understands project management standards and has applied them in a minor project to conceptual level.
- Lead a minor project and interact with test work and engineering consultant service providers
- Generates innovative solutions, which continuously improve the performance of existing assets, products, services or processes
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSc Mining / Engineering Degree or equivalent, or equivalent operational experience
- Mine Manager's Certificate of Competency or equivalent;
- At least 10 years' operational experience within an open pit mining environment of which at least three (3) years is at senior management level;
- Preferably applicable business qualification advantage (e.g. MBA);
- Be physically fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations / screening;
- Familiar with Mining Software;
- Excellent Communication Skills.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 2 year contract (renewable)
- USD market related salary
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.