Senior Mine Surveyor (Mine Surveyor / Mining / Mineral Resource Management / Surveying) – Gauteng, South Africa
To manage and maintain a Survey and evaluation service on surface and underground according to government regulations and mine policy.
- Carries legal responsibility for a section of a mine (one shaft or more) in accordance with the Mines and Works Act and Regulations
- Evaluates ore resources and projects future operations using information & data supplied by MRM department
- Justifies the continuation/discontinuation of reef development according to the playability of the area concerned
- Comments, advises and checks on the feasibility of underground layouts and workings
- Calculates and monitors anticipated grade and various efficiency factors and takes corrective action in case of any anomalies
- Conducts special survey projects as and when required by management e.g. sinking of new shafts, holings and implementation of computer models and programmes
- Plans and budgets for all Survey services required for his area of responsibility e.g. labour equipment and material requirements
- Take responsible care to protect their own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by any act or omission of that employee
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A three-year National Diploma or Degree in Mineral Resource Management or Survey
- Mine Surveyors Certificate of Competency (must accompany CV)
- At least five years survey or sampling experience
- Experienced in vertical shaft sinking and engineering surveying techniques
- A valid Certificate of Fitness or the ability to obtain one
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent position
- D-Lower position
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.