Afreximbank: Assistant Manager, Finance (Financial Accounting) - Cairo, Egypt
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
All roles offer Tax Free Salaries paid in USD and other benefits.
Reference Number: DLR
The role of the position holder will be to maintain the Bank’s General Ledger and will be involved in the preparation of various accounting reports and statutory financial statements by implementing various processes for review and finalisation by the Manager, Financial Accounting and the Senior Director of Finance.
- Responsible for conducting month-end accounting close process to ensure that all of the month’s financial activities have been accounted for and in the process generate a series of reports such as accounts payable and accounts receivable, expense analysis which are reconciled to the bank’s general ledger and compiled to create an audit file;
- Responsible for reviewing the recording of daily transactions by all Associates on a daily basis;
- Responsible for reviewing validity and correctness of payments on a daily basis;
- Responsible for reviewing all the reconciliations prepared by associates in the department;
- Responsible for reviewing the reconciliations of sub ledgers to the General ledger for loan transactions, payroll transactions and treasury transactions;
- Responsible for preparation of loan loss provisioning on a monthly basis;
- Assist in managing both internal and external audit process;
- Assist in system implementation projects as and when required;
- Responsible for the preparation of financial statements in line with International Financial Reporting Standards;
- Responsible for maintaining the risk register in the department;
- Responsible for managing Service Level Agreements between Finance department and other departments within the Bank;
- Initiate and support the implementation of any enhancements to the SAP system from a financial cycle perspective, to improve the efficiency of processes, effectiveness of systems and controls and the usefulness of financial information for making informed decisions;
- Ensure a continuous improvement to financial processes through appropriate scoping, identifying required upgrades and ensuring properly managed enhancement as may be required by the needs of specific projects throughout the Bank e.g. reporting systems to fit particular Bank products;
- Working alongside the SAP Consultants and SAP Auditors to ensure that accounting controls within the system are working well, that all users are trained, putting in place procedures to overcome routine problems and to ensure the ongoing integrity and unbroken flow of required data within the system;
- Assisting the Manager, Management Accounting in the preparation of required reports through SAP; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned by senior management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Good first degree in a relevant field and a professional accounting qualification preferably CA Qualification is required;
- A relevant post graduate degree will be an added advantage;
- Sound experience of at least 5 years within the Banking or financial services industry and demonstrable knowledge of IFRS and related accounting rules;
- Experience with the Big Four Audit firms is a must;
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of working with ERP systems (preferably SAP) and/or any other Core Banking Systems is a must. Experience in project implementation of ERP systems will be an added advantage;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese);
- Willingness to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
- Tax-free salaries paid in USD
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Danelle van der Merwe (le Roux)
Senior Associate: Banking and Investments
CA Global Finance
www.ca-finance.com / www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.