Senior Actuarial Specialist - (Risk / Capital / Valuation / Investments) - Cape Town
Risk and Capital Reporting
- Liaise with input providers from various countries within the group, which include life, general insurance, asset management and banking businesses.
- Check the quality and reasonability of input data received.
- Consolidate capital and risk exposure results and check for reasonability. .
- Quantify proposed assumption and methodology changes on the risk and capital metrics.
- Assist with activities that validate the capital and risk exposure models on an annual basis
- Provide input into the Insurance Capital Standard (ICS) Field Testing conducted by the IAIS.
Stress and Scenario Testing
- Conduct stress and scenario testing across the groups risk and capital metrics.
- Liaise with the group’s entities to provide stressed inputs the stress and scenario testing model and review the results for reasonability.
- Understand the drivers, risks and management actions implicit in the business plan, with a particular emphasis on producing capital projections.
Thought leadership for Capital Modelling
- Work with the Regulatory & Internal Capital Actuaries to align the methodology, models and processes for calculating regulatory and internal capital requirements where appropriate.
- Improve and automate risk and capital reporting processes with the aim of improving overall efficiency.
- Assist with ad hoc regulatory requests and Managed Separation project work relating to capital and risk exposures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have at least 11 actuarial exams and have 4 years’ actuarial experience
- Valuation experience, strong business acumen will be a distinct advantage.
- Must have strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organisation
- This role requires a highly motivated and energetic self-starter who is good at working with complex tasks under tight deadlines.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- A self-starter able to think on his/her feet.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
The CA Global Group
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.