Reference Number: LNM2017
To deliver Solutions to customers by providing specialized consulting and presales activities that are replicable, scalable packaged products addressing business workflow challenges in order to gain new business, win market share and increase customer satisfaction. Provide specialized pre-sales activities on solutions and products to financial markets, IT, business owners and end-users, building on reputation as a business, markets or technology expert. Grow market share by proactively developing and deploying domain-based sales strategies in collaboration with Sales Specialists, Account and Technical Management teams utilizing specialist knowledge to contribute towards gross sales.
- Provide specialized presales consulting activities for delivering profitable outright and subscription revenue for selected solutions, products & services.
- Accountable for pre sales by delivering technical, content and business proposals for solutions and products which meet customers’ expectations which are profitable and in line with defined team targets.
- Accountable for consulting and ad-hoc expertise on business requirements including: analysis, architectural design, planning, demonstration, estimation of implementation efforts for proposed solutions and products.
- Expert in customer workflow and in company products including content and technology providing domain expertise relative to solution proposition.
- Assist with prospect qualification, conduct demos and workshops, and manage the whole BMP (Bid Management Process) as well as coordinate company responses to RFIs/RFPs.
- Work together with Solutions Sales and relevant Account Teams for ensuring that solutions provided meet customer expectations.
- Work together with Client Technical Services for handing over the Solution proposal to the implementation phase and for ensuring successful delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in developing technical account strategies with Accounts Managers
- Keep clients updated on company’s technologies and product roadmaps and ascertain potential prospects for future sales
- Develop customer relationships at appropriate level to become a trusted business advisor.
Scope and Impact
- Supporting the Solutions Sales Specialist team across Sub-Saharan Africa and the specific market segments they support
- Taking ownership for all treasury solutions and products relating to pre-sales activities.
- Provide input (feedback from customers) to segments on product content and functionality.
- Expert in multiple offerings, able to manage and deliver technical proposals for complex solutions.
- Facilitate a high level of integration of distinct components - products, technology and content - which might require the involvement of a larger team.
- Cross-channel function, building on expert knowledge to target client base, recognize client needs and propose solutions.
- Have own sales targets.
- Pro-active in developing opportunities.
- Will coordinate with regional account teams.
- Will be involved in key retention initiates as needed.
Technical / Professional Skills & Competencies
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of financial markets.
- Knowledge of customer business workflows for one or more Solutions practices.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to translate business processes into functional requirements and to design feasible solutions architectures.
- Strong expertise in products, technology and content for one or more Solutions practices.
- Excellent writing & presentation skills, ability to produce & present well-structured and qualitative technical proposals.
- Proven project management skills in a dynamic business environment.
- Enterprise-wide thinking - able to give end to end solutions.
- Financial & Business Acumen - helps client to quantify financial value of the solutions.
- 'Challenger' profile - is viewed as an expert at leveraging and coaching others on a variety of approaches to solicit valuable information, even in challenging situations (e.g., in dissimilar, hostile, or highly charged situations).
- Decision process understanding - ability to develop a comprehensive understanding of purchase decision processes and criteria by which decision makers define success.
- Ability to work in a dynamic matrix environment and influence groups outside of the direct team to execute efficiently.
Certifications / Education
- Degree in technical or information technology with knowledge of computers, Networking or use of technology.
- University/college degree may be required, equivalent experience may be considered depending on position/department.
- Advanced degree may be preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of Technology related experience including material periods working in strategic, leadership capacity and in customer facing roles
- Relevant experience in Technical Professional Services environment of complex solutions for large and strategic customers. This should include familiarity with business development and sales process, strategic planning and client management, and experience of delivering results from within a complex matrix-ed and global business units within a client organization
- Prior experience of engaging with and influencing technology solutions to C-level stakeholders
- Understanding of the delivery and implementation of market data from a customer perspective
- Experience in business analysis, data modeling and requirements mapping.
- Experience of designing large scale distributed applications in line with business requirements.
- Has experience in promoting and positioning solutions appropriate for enterprise-wide or global implementation.
- Sales and customer service experience in applicable industry.
- Working knowledge of the customer industry and business workflow.
- Working knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques.
- Target orientated
- Focusing on Customers
- Thinking Globally
- Championing Innovation