Geo-Tech Engineer (Open Pit / Zinc / COM / Rock Mechanics Certified) - South Africa
Provide Geotechnical advice and assistance to the Mine Planning department on daily operations of the mine to ensure safe and economical working conditions.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Assist in creating systems (e.g. Strata control standards) which embed safe mining practices.
- Training and enabling functional specialists as well as operating personnel to understand rock mass risks and lead indicators.
- Select the most suitable ground support by applying geotechnical assessments to ensure that the desired levels of stability will be maintained throughout the required period of operation.
- Execute continuous Audit for systems and compliance to Code of Practice and confirming validity of current practices.
- Analysing and interpreting Geotech data information
- Experience in Numerical modelling Software (elastic and inelastic).
- Experience in Seismic and Integrated geotechnical monitoring systems
- Chamber of Mines Certificate – Rock Mechanics
- Managerial/supervisory experience
- Applicable legal knowledge and understanding
- Advanced Certificate in Rock Engineering / GDE / Post graduate Rock Engineering / Geotechnical
- Degree/Diploma with a strong mathematical base or Geology/Mining/Geotech Engineering
- Extensive knowledge of massive mining methods and relevant Geotech monitoring systems.
- 10 years’ experience in Geotechnical/Rock Mechanics of which 5 years was on supervisory level.
- Relocation Possibly Required
- Market Related Salary
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button
and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.