Head of Research - (Research / Investment Banking / CFA / Capital Markets / Client Relations) – Lagos, Nigeria
Salary: The Company is offering a competitive package and rewarding work environment.
The Head of Research will be responsible for driving the research strategy of the business in line with the company’s vision of being a top broker by market turnover and equity capital market transactions in 5 years. This person will have the primary responsibility of ensuring that the research team provides adequate coverage for macro and key sectors in the capital market for onward distribution to clients.
- Facilitate the design and implementation of approved research framework/ strategy for the business.
- Analyze macro sectors and company fundamentals to identify investment opportunities.
- Facilitate the conduct of environment/market research surveys and market intelligence activities.
- Provide views, forecasts and recommendations on asset classes and industry sector allocations.
- Author various industry, sector and company-specific research reports underpinned with vigorous financial analysis.
- Facilitate the organization and coordination of client roadshows, conference calls and seminars between the companies under coverage and clients.
- Working with various teams to generate sales and trading ideas that will be used for client engagement.
- Coordinate market intelligence activities; prepare competitive analysis report and forward recommendations to the relevant business groups.
- Oversee the monitoring and maintenance of financial models and industry database ensuring correct and up-to-date information for research reports.
- Develop and maintain relationships with investor relations personnel.
- Coordinate knowledge management activities in the organization by conducting the following:
- Identify and subscribe to relevant sources of information for the organization
- Ensure that all information is reliable and up-to-date.
- Supervise and coordinate the research, collation, analysis and assessment of marketing information/indices that would provide adequate back-up and support for the business’ decisions:
- Customer information e.g. market segment, and product needs etc.
- Customer trends and buyer values assessment
- Performance evaluation of channels to assess efficiency, effectiveness and profitability
- Product performance assessment
- Demand planning and forecasting.
- Participate in the development and implementation of marketing and financial models for the business to support its trading, sales and competitive strategies.
- Oversee the distribution of all reports, journals and publications produced to all relevant parties.
- Engaging with other units in the group on research reports as required for specific industry and or thematic macro events.
- The successful candidate should have a first degree qualification in Social Sciences, Finance and other related degrees. Preferably must be a qualified CFA holder or in the process of achieving the qualification. A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Prior work experience in research or similar role in a senior capacity.
- Must currently cover a key sector(s) in the Nigerian market.
- Experience in covering SSA market will be an added advantage.
- Experience with domestic and international (US, Europe and SA) institutional client.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only.If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.