Account Manager (Business development / Sales / Solution services)
Our client is the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals. They deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
The account manager is responsible for achieving assigned sales targets, ensuring customer retention ratios, maintaining profitable growth within his or her book of business, and executing on overarching sales and corporate objectives. He or she will own and drive strategic relationships on key accounts by managing the entire account-based sales/buying process from lead generation, qualification, lead nurturing, deal qualification, solution development/presentation, through negotiations and close. Responsible for ensuring the customer´s needs are met and that services are provided to the highest standards.
Key accountabilities include:
- Strategically develops, executes and maintains a growth-centric account plan and own overall strategy for revenue growth and retention.
- Retain customers by tracking usage, contracts up for renewal, and ensuring customer experience.
- Accountable for end to end service delivery and performance.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of designated accounts, including organizational structure, decision processes, their market environment and the customer’s workflow and challenges.
- Act as a single point of contact for the customer and orchestrate the entire relationship within designated accounts.
- Establishes strong, long term customer relationships and identifies new business opportunities and maintain relationships with key decision makers.
- Applies knowledge of business and its constituent workflows to conceive and position value-added solutions to promote sales and revenue growth.
- Responsible for forecasting and keeps management in touch with accounts in a timely fashion by gathering intelligence on competitor activity and providing feedback to other internal stakeholders.
- Maximizes company’s financial and strategic value for the customer, by aligning short term needs with longer term business strategies.
- Accurately captures and reports all aspects of account and opportunity information within a sales force automated application.
- Works closely with a multidisciplinary team to customize product demonstrations and architect solution packages based on customer requirements.
- Maintains up to date product knowledge on all products and solutions and also vertical Ecosystem.
- Support Collection and Technology team in the connection with the customer to ensure successful implementation and healthy collection process.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous account management experience.
- 5 to 10 years previous direct sales experience (proven track record of quota attainment throughout sales career).
- 5 plus years’ relevant industry experience.
- Success managing strategic clients or accounts and dynamic account portfolios.
- Previous customer marketing experience desirable.
- Bachelor´s degree required.
Key competencies and skills
- Strategic and solutions focused.
- Ability to develop and execute an account plan.
- Strong understanding of customer and their business models and workflows.
- Proven ability and desire to aggressively pursue new business.
- Strong product knowledge.
- Excellent relationship building capability.
- Selling skills (identity, develop and articulate a complex proposition/consultative selling).
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent listening skills with an ability to uncover needs and identify opportunities.
- Problem solving and decision making ability --ability to understand, articulate, structure and solve client needs.
- Strong verbal communication, networking and relationship building skills.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.