Head Strategic Portfolio Office - (Financial / Insurance / Customer Experience / Project & Programme Management) – Johannesburg
Lead the achievement of net profit growth for the organisation through effective management of strategic projects
- Design, develop and implement a project service model that enables the business to deliver strategic / transformational projects that will provide a competitive advantage to the organisation and services the different client channels.
- Establish, align and manage project target and budget goals for the organisation and ensure effective control of costs.
- Maintain awareness on relevant legislative / statutory amendments and market / industry best practices to influence the future ways of working.
- Define and establish appropriate assurance and governance framework to improve consistency in the scoping and delivery of projects across the organisation.
- Guide and / or work with business unit leadership to include the impact of programmes into operating budgets.
- Communicate progress of strategic programmes including project risks and benefits realisation to the Executive Committee, senior business leaderships and relevant Group stakeholders.
- Communicate overall trends / results to Steering Committees on an ongoing basis and prepare a comprehensive communication approach to build organisational-wide awareness on how to manage project costs more effectively and increase the achievement of benefits.
- Improve business decisions by providing accurate and reliable business intelligence together with trend analysis for of all strategic projects.
Drive project methodology and ensure implementation across all projects
- Responsible for influencing and implementing project management strategies and plans that maximize user adoption and proficiency and minimize resistance by increasing benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of business results and outcomes.
- Provide direct support and coaching to all users during transition periods.
- Foster a culture of involving change management in all projects
Continuous improvement to ensure effective service
- Ensure adherence to organisational policies, practices and procedures.
Service delivery to ensure business satisfaction
- Maintain service, quality and desired outputs across the Lifecycle of Change process by ensuring compliance to change risk policies, procedures and standards.
- Establish productive operational relationships with key stakeholders in the various channels and administrative teams.
- Share knowledge on, and participate in the creation of new standards, control systems and procedures to maintain project management service delivery.
Monitor and report on cost efficiency through financial cost control and corporate governance
- Provide guidance for the development and implementation of fit for purpose budgets associated with projects.
Manage quality people practices
- Align own behaviour with the organisation culture and values.
- Share and transfer product, process and systems knowledge to colleagues.
- Collaborate and work with the business, HR and IT teams to deliver projects to the required service levels.
- Actively share information with other team members regarding successes, issues, trends and ideas.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Tertiary qualification
- Honour’s degree
- Master’s in Business Administration would be advantageous.
- 5 - 8 years’ experience leading a strategic portfolio management function within the Financial Services industry.
- 8 - 10 years’ experience leading large programme teams.
- Extensive knowledge of project governance is essential.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button above and visit our website www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Executive Recruiter: Insurance, Risk & Healthcare
CA Global Finance
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.