Strategic Sourcing Manager (large scale mining / procurement / contracts / supply chain) - Southern Africa
My client in Africa is currently seeking a Strategic Sourcing Specialist to lead on all activities related to procurement and contracts, within a large-scale mine and refinery off the coast of Southern Africa
- Responsible for the development, implementation and execution of the purchasing category management strategy
- Communicating strategic vision for goods and services procurement - building strong working relationships with internal customers and key strategic vendors.
- Develop and execute SCM strategic and tactical plans for the Procurement & Contracts functions with a view to driving down operating and capex costs.
- Oversee the rationalization and selection of suppliers to optimize supply base
- Progressively develop a Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) operating model to effectively manage vendor performance against contract scope and drive Continuous Improvement culture.
- Develop, recommend and implement programs to enhance working relationships and communication processes
- Leads the team in identifying and capturing new opportunities to add value and drive cost savings.
- Provide annual contracting and procurement plans, with associated targets for cost savings
- Provide annually department budgets and 5year plans.
- Provide monthly reports with dash-boards and monthly cost forecasts.
- Provide weekly department reports on performance and upcoming priorities.
- Meet with suppliers and contractors on an as needed basis to maintain positive relationships.
- Develop and manage relationships with all of stakeholders.
- Reduce business complexity without materially increasing business risk.
- To harness technology to reduce processing costs for low value low risk procurement categories.
- To act for the Supply Chain Director, whilst he/she is away from site
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- At least 15 years of experience within Supply Chain Management
- University degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related field
- International mining experience, ideally in a developing country environment
- Significant experience in managing strategic sourcing within large & complex mining / processing operations
- French speaking skills are an advantage
- Knowledge of best practice across all Supply Chain functions.
- Ability to build relationships within and across functions, and to influence key decision making
- Skilled negotiator
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience utilizing integrated ERP systems
- Ability to train and develop a National workforce and develop a team environment that functions - safely, productively and efficiently.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Residential status 2 -3 year contract
- 6 weeks Annual leave, 2 x fights home per annum
- USD Market related salary plus expatriate bonuses, medical and retirement benefits
- Reports to: SCM Director
- Subordinates: 6 x Category and Procurement Superintendents.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.