Our client is the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals. They deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the marketing specialist for East Africa is a key member to the marketing team, helping to plan and execute marketing activities, support the marketing function by leading the efforts of other team members supporting marketing operations, including budgeting, reporting, systems and data support. The ideal candidate should be a team player, with strong analytical skills who can take initiative, utilize tools and develop reports to demonstrate ROI of marketing investments.
Key accountabilities include:
- Provides specialized expertise on a functional, product, segment or geographic basis and has ownership of multiple or high impact marketing campaigns in order to meet business and/or channel needs, drive business results and build brand equity.
- Ensures successful planning, implementation, and execution of Marketing campaigns and activities as defined by the strategic marketing plan, key customer messaging and proof points, brand ambassadorship; tactics, timing and measurement.
- Frequently manages own projects from start to finish.
- Responsibilities may include direct marketing, digital marketing, Account-Based Marketing, Advertising and sales support.
- Demonstrates marketing expertise to provide marketing guidance on business decisions.
- Manages a budget in all marketing activities.
- Ensures fast, clear communication of all relevant Marketing activities and tools to relevant stakeholders, and collects regular feedback.
- Measure and report against key criteria.
- Assist in the creation of new ideas/approaches to effectively enhance the communication of key messages.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field, preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in B2B Marketing
- Analytical with experience in measuring and reporting, marketing KPI’s and results using a range of reporting tools.
- Results driven with ability to determine and articulate program effectiveness, ROI and Forecasting.
- Business Process Improvement, Reporting/Analysis and/or related roles.
- Ideal candidate should come from software / technology / financial or professional services industries, and have performed in similar roles for at least 3 years.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities while meeting deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing/administering a marketing automation system such as SalesForce.com or Eloqua, a plus!
- Detail Orientated and focused on Quality
- Budget management experience and analysis skills
- Familiarity with industry best practice tools, techniques, models and systems is critical.