Senior Accountant / Accountant (Finance / ACCA / CIMA / ACA) - Juba, South Sudan
Reference Number: MIM
Our client is the sole distributor of the top agricultural equipment in the Republic of South Sudan. The company currently operates from its office based in Juba.
Our client is looking for an Accountant/Senior Accountant that has potential to develop to a Finance Manager for their South Sudan Dealership. The candidate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting functions of the company and assist the Country Manager in meeting company objectives.
- Process transactions and maintain accurate accounting records.
- Maintain up-to-date fixed assets register at all times.
- Prepare weekly petty cash and bank reconciliations.
- Ensure weekly stock take is carried out for whole goods, noting and resolving any discrepancies found.
- Maintain prepayments and accruals schedules and update on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile suppliers’ statement of accounts regularly and ensure timely settlement of accounts payables.
- Reconcile monthly intercompany balances and send confirmation by due date.
- Prepare monthly management accounts, annual financial statements and annual budgets/forecasts.
- Assist in designing, developing and implementing efficiencies in the entire back office process, from sales orders to invoicing.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of control procedures.
- Prepare and submit local statutory returns (such as taxes, pensions etc.) and ensure compliance with filing and payment deadlines.
- Coordinate internal/external audits as and when required and ensure recommendations are implemented.
- Liaise with banks/tax authorities/company secretary as and when required.
- Assist in training new staff as the company expands and recruit new employees.
- Prepare weekly reports on inventory, cash flows and other KPIs as per group requirement and submit to the Mauritius finance team.
- Manage the monthly reporting process to ensure timely and accurate reports are sent to the Mauritius finance team.
- Work with the rest of the finance team across the division to improve business unit financial reporting and ensure monthly close and forecast processes are managed timely and accurately.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with group divisions.
- Support and educate the businesses in understanding Head Office objectives and requirements.
- Assist in establishing discipline in the company and ensure group requirements are adhered to.
- Assist the Country Manager and Mauritius finance team with any other ad-hoc matters.
- Assist in business risk management and send regular updates to the Mauritius finance team
- Own the day-to-day accounting functions.
- Responsible for organising reporting timelines and effectively communicate with Mauritius finance team to ensure all deliverables are submitted on time and as per required standards.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent) or Undergraduate Degree with Major in Accounting;
- With 2 -3 years’ experience in the accounting field.
- Experience gained within a professional services firm or within a corporate organization.
- Highly numerate, with experience of financial/business analysis.
- Strong auditing and financial/management accounting skills.
- Open mind-set, accurate, persistent, innovative Energetic, driven, and ambitious.
- Strongly proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data, identify key issues and communicate these issues both verbally and in written form to seniors.
- Able to work well in a small team.
- Ability to quickly develop working relationships throughout the business.
- A self-starter who can get on with the task in hand, who knows when to ask for assistance and when to communicate information and issues.
- A high level of oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage his/her time and prioritising tasks to a high standard to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in English as well as Arabic.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.