Warehouse Superintendent (Mining / Logistics / Supply Chain / Management) – Liberia
We are currently assisting one of our clients with a Warehouse Superintendent role to be based in Liberia.
The main function of this role is to manage the storage unit and ensure that all inventory levels are kept at economically efficient levels.
- Develop warehouse procedures to ensure the highest of standards
- Support and manage company policies and procedures to ensure fair and consistent implementation
- Implement and administer employee performance reviews to record and recognize where improvements or praise is required
- Provide leadership and support to ensure that employees and contractors comply with safety and environmental standards that exceed industry practice and any applicable legislative requirements
- Direct the safe and secure storage and handling of materials in all warehouses on site in accordance with legal requirements
- Direct the storage of materials to ensure protection against unauthorized use
- Issuing materials rotate on a FIFO basis
- Logical storage to promote easy access and high standards of housekeeping.
- Provide direction, leadership and resources to all section managers and superintendents to ensure that an effective team operation is established and maintained, and that morale is maintained at a high level
- Oversee and assist in the development, implementation and monitoring systems and procedures to ensure operational targets are met, costs are minimised and all adverse variations are reported and remedied
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree in Supply Chain Management.
- Management Qualification - Advantageous
- Minimum 7 years Warehouse experience
- 3 years at a supervisory experience within mining
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team safely and improve team safety awareness.
- High level understanding of all relevant legislation affecting the employment and safety of persons in the mining industry in Liberia.
- Prior experience in similar roles in Africa.
- Demonstrated positive outcomes will be an advantage
- Applicants must be well versed in English
- Locals encouraged to apply
- Expats with previous Liberia Experience also encourage to apply
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button
and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.