CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: THJ
- Proposals and mandate letters to clients emphasizing the benefits of syndication and co-financing thereby working with the Bank’s other origination teams to secure syndicated loan mandates from existing and potential clients of the Bank;
- Take lead/ownership in structuring transactions to ensure they reflect current market conditions and investor appetite in order to attract syndication partners;
- Market the Bank’s syndicated finance product as well as funded and unfunded risk participations to the widest possible group of syndication partners and co-financiers including DFIs, ECAs, commercial banks, African financial institutions, African multilaterals, insurers and other financial institutions;
- Coordinate and/or participate in deal road-shows and co-financing partner calling programmes to support expansion of the Bank’s syndication activities;
- Implement all aspects of the Bank’s syndication policies and procedures.
Syndication Loan Structuring and Distribution:
In accordance with the Bank’s Syndicated Loans Policy (SLP):
- Conduct market soundings to identify transaction appetite, prospective syndicate partner banks and financial institutions;
- Prepare syndicated deal documentation including teasers, mandate documents, term-sheets, and information memoranda that will be used to market syndicated deals and facilitate the entry of syndication partners into Bank arranged transactions;
- Support deal structuring and pricing negotiations;
- Execute mandated syndicate loan transactions in cooperation with the relevant client relations and product teams;
- Deliver a consistent and timely service in line with our Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
- Implement the Bank’s asset sale policy by identifying existing assets for potential secondary sale and obtaining market feedback on appetite levels and sale pricing;
- Liaise with the Banking Operations department that performs the Bank’s portfolio management function to support the optimization of the Bank’s capital allocation through secondary market sales.
- Conduct syndicated loan market research on pricing and deal structures to facilitate efficient distribution of transactions arranged by the Bank, including the secondary market pricing for assets for sale;
- Providing market pricing and risk appetite feedback to the Bank’s management and deal origination teams for their consideration of all syndicated facilities;
- Retain investor contact feedback in the team’s client relationship management tool - Debt Domain.
- Manage relationships with the largest clients and on the most complex transactions;
- Maintain and expand a diversified network of syndicated loan/co-financing partners including DFIs, ECAs, multilaterals, international commercial banks, African financial institutions, funds, and credit insurance companies;
- Devise and implement enhanced cooperation in syndication and co-financing between the Bank and DFIs active in Africa;
- Retain and manage relationships with a wide network of professional advisors, consultants and deal originators active in the syndicated loan market, including debt management and data service providers such as Thomson-Reuters, Debt Domain etc.
- Has broad knowledge across a range of business development and origination areas and Responsible for preparing “Syndication Memorandum” in support of Syndicated transactions originated by Client Relations and/or Product originating teams;
- Work with the credit department to facilitate the credit processing and approval and the legal department with regard to transaction documentation for all syndicated facilities;
- Any other tasks that may be assigned by Senior Management from time to time.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Good first degree from a leading University in either Economics, Banking & Finance, Accounting, Law, Business Administration or other disciplines relevant to the position and must also hold at least one higher degree in a related area e.g. economics, banking & finance, or MBA from a recognized University;
- Sound experience of at least 10 years of relevant experience acquired in a leading financial institution or organisation, with at least 7 years of experience in the syndicated loan market;
- A good understanding of the African debt markets, with proven background in fund raising, syndications, loan structuring and business development activities in developing markets;
- Solid knowledge of the continent’s political, economic and trade landscape and able to confidently converse with external stakeholders;
- Knowledge and working experience of trade, corporate, and structured finance products to be offered to clients, including syndicated loans, co-financing, club deals, and correspondent banking products including letters of credit, structured trade finance, corporate loans, project-related financing;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages (Arabic, French & Portuguese) is an added advantage;
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to build and nurture relationships with internal and external counterparties to attain goals;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and to represent the Bank in important professional fora where oral presentation of papers will be necessary to high level technical and professional audiences, speaking at industry seminars & events.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply