General Manager (mining / finance / MBA / new business / expat) - Central Africa
Reference number: NDS
Our client is currently undertaking a major project in the DRC for the construction of a hydrometallurgical plant and associated infrastructure. This new copper-cobalt project is one of the largest in Africa and will provide employment opportunities for many experienced individuals in the industry.
- Reporting into the Director General, my client is seeking a strong General Manager with entrepreneurial skills, excellent initiative and a track record of starting up a new business unit within mining
- Responsible for all financial aspects of the business.
- Manage personnel on site
- Responsible for ensuring that necessary new systems and processes are put into place across the project and teams to ensure the success and profitability of the business unit
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- At least 15 -20 years experience in the mining sector
- MBA and financial qualifications essential
- French would be an advantage
- Experience working in hardship locations in Africa is a MUST
- Previous track record of setting up a business unit and managing a large team
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 12 month contract initially – with possible extension to 24 months
- Based in the DRC on a 6/2 roster
- Excellent Market Related USD tax free salary
- Travel required to South Africa (Johannesburg) on occasions
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.