Operations Manager (Geochemistry / Mining / Testing / Mineralogy / French) – West Africa
Reference number: NRV
We are looking for an Operations Manager with a Geochemistry background to be based in West Africa. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Vice President Sub Sahara Africa, this position will be responsible for all commercial and mine sites in West Africa. The successful applicant will provide leadership in technical, quality and operational aspects as well as providing direction and support for the subordinates of the individual facilities in West Africa
- Oversee the operations of the facilities to ensure that results are delivered in an efficient, productive, accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure effective and adequate Safety, Health & Environmental and corporate compliance management of West Africa.
- Work closely with the Vice President, Business Development Manager and the West Africa senior staff to plan, direct and coordinate activities within West Africa facility.
- Ensure effective business development and customer satisfaction within West Africa.
- Ensure financial viability by achieving the budgeted targets and profitable growth for the West Africa operations whilst ensuring safety, compliance, quality and client satisfaction.
- Meeting defined Key Performance Index in Quality, Turnaround time and Efficiency.
- To ensure the smooth operation and investigation of any incidents within West Africa.
- Effectively manage, mentor and coach the West Africa team to ensure that the production, quality of sample preparation and analytical work meets the requirements.
- Train and develop the local supervisors and technical staff to operate the facility with the same quality and efficiency standards as the rest of the West Africa facilities.
- To conduct and complete the Performance Appraisals for all managers in West Africa and make recommendations for appropriate salary adjustments under regional HR guidance.
- Provide oversight for Incident/accident logging, investigation and closure in absence of QC personnel.
- Coordinate speedy resolution of client complaints/ queries
- Coordinate method/ instrument validations and /or procedural review
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Institution and or in-depth understanding and knowledge of Chemistry or Geology.
- Minimum - 10 years’ relevant Operations Management experience with a multinational geochemical testing or mining/exploration company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English is a mandatory requirement.
- Good interpersonal skills and effective in working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Sound technical knowledge of Geochemical analytical techniques
- Ability to travel
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive Market Related Salary
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button
and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
| CA Mining
: +27216599200 | Email
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.