Our client is the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals. They deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
The User Experience Designer is a visionary product and service design leader. This individual will be responsible for leading the design of user experience excellence of new concept products and services across variety of businesses, screens and platforms. This role requires a highly creative individual at pace with the latest experience design and technology trends as well as and a strong advocate of Design Thinking. The candidate will also be a natural innovator in smart and high quality designs, using real world metaphors, interactions, gestures, and gamification models around heavy data to create rich and delightful experiences. This is an opportunity to influence and develop new businesses across the company with smart and custom experiences that showcase innovation across any touch-point.
- Collaborate with developers, scientists, and external partners like startups and organizations on building new business ideas.
- Create rapid and iterative prototyping for a variety of ideas and concepts.
- Identify use cases, define personas, scenarios and tasks in support of business requirements, technology, and context of use.
- Collect, translate and communicate customer insight to teams with user surveys, interviews, and qualitative data.
- Lead the implementation of innovative, end-to-end user experiences.
- Support the Head of Strategic Partnerships & Innovation with presentation layouts and rapid prototyping to pitch new ideas to leadership and external partners.
- Create and run ideation workshops in support of new product explorations
- Inspire and provide creative direction to designers working within the business units to deliver products that are useful, easy-to-use, innovative, and efficiently built.
- Evaluate the user experience design of existing design concepts as well as on-device prototypes, and communicate design enhancements.
- Advocate for customer-centered, context-aware, responsive web design and platform-specific design as key to the company’s competitive advantage.
- Define and produce design guidelines, templates, and visual asset and pattern libraries.
- Demonstrate adaptability to changing priorities driven by the speed of our innovative, fast-paced, information services industry.
Requirements:Qualifications and Skill
- Degree in Human Factors Engineering, Visual Design, or Product Design (or equivalent skills)
- 3 years minimum of expertise in user experience design or user interface design.
- Design knowledge of iOS, Android, HTML5 responsive design.
- Understanding of lean user experience design methodology, user behaviors, and design requirements.
- Knowledge of general design strategies and trends
- Bonus experience designing for a wearable, virtual/augmented reality, auto, connected devices, or other new technology.
- Bonus expertise with front-end HTML development.
- Expertise in rapid prototyping, wireframing, presentation and wearable, virtual/augmented reality, auto such as Sketch, Axure, Invision, Marvelapp, Motion, ProtoIO, Lightroom, Omnigraffle, Balsamik, InDesign, Fireworks, Photoshop, or other.
- Ability to work with development teams to execute best design solutions within technology constraints
- Customer-centric, creative leadership.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills