Finance and Administration Manager (NGO/ Operations / Relationship Manager / Strategic) - Kampala, Uganda
Reference Number: DAG
A social enterprise with a solid footprint in Uganda is seeking a Finance and Administration Manager (FAM). Along with initiating and managing the finance and administrative operations (as the organization grows and expands to other African countries), the said individual is a key member of senior management staff and performs a critical role with the senior leadership team for strategic decision –making and operations. An effective hands-on, participative manager and a leader, so you will develop an internal team that is involved in the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, and administration.
- Oversees accounting and finance operations across all operating sites.
- Timeous regular analysis and presentation of financial reports.
- Overall performance review of organization in line with budget/plan for senior management and initiate and lead budgeting process in collaboration with the Executive Director. Work with senior management team on strategic planning.
- Manage: cash position, cash flow, and forecasting; maintain banking relationships.
- Works jointly and openly with external partners (including third-party vendors and consultants).
- Assesses ways to increase efficiency and minimize cost.
- Supervises accounting staff through training, mentoring and directing.
- Ensures safekeeping of financial records.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- MBA majoring in finance/undergraduate degree with a CPA designation.
- 10 years professional experience; 5 years broad financial and operations management experience (developing financial and administration policies respectively), supervisory experience, management team leadership experience a plus. Reporting and audit coordination including overseeing the human resource function in a reputable organization.
- Ability to translate and effectively collaborate with programmatic and fundraising colleagues from finance and non-finance backgrounds.
- Track record in grants management (experience in managing grants from bi and multi-lateral donors).
- Technology savvy (strong experience in MS office and QuickBooks at a minimum).
- Skills: excellent verbal and communication, relationship building, negotiation, work with internal and external stakeholders
- Characteristics: integrity, credibility, dedication to mission of organization, results oriented, flexible multi-tasker in fast-paced work environment with competing priorities.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
to Darrin Grey: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
Executive Headhunter and Senior Finance and Banking Recruiter
The CA Global Group
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.