Mine Planning Manager (opencast / ironore / greenfields) - Northern Cape, South Africa
Reference number: NDS
Our client is seeking a first class Mine Planning Manager to provide mine design and planning support to the project team and operation. This will include overseeing the planning and design of mine layouts and equipment to ensure ore extraction rates are maintained on their greenfield mine in the Northern Cape
- Working closely with the Production Manager and EPC/contractors on the mine design to ensure the projected production requirements can be met
- Determining if designs for ore extraction from mine meets safety and production requirements.
- Analysing proposed mining methods for feasibility and cost analysis to ascertain economical extraction of ore.
- Analysing production designs i.e. blasting techniques, cycle times, manpower allotments, haulage rates, loading capacities etc. to ensure optimal and efficient levels of activities.
- Determining if proposed schedules and design meets pit wall stability requirements
- Ensure the projected production requirements can be met as well as optimal efficiency in ore production in a safe and productive manner and in accordance with project KPI’s by
- Overseeing all mine planning for the pit from LOM through to Long and Medium Term planning.
- Integrating medium term plans with production geology / geotechnical
- Updating the strategic plan for the mine timeously within the acceptable company standards
- Coordinating and incorporating inputs from various project members into production plan, schedules and forecasts
- Analysing and compiling regular statistical development reports for project members’ review and information
- Developing ore production schedule for budget estimates.
- Planning of fleet performance
- Contributing to the scheduling of large scale earthmoving so as to ensure projected timelines for stripping of overburden
- Ensure pit development is on schedule, within budget and scope of design
- Working closely with Geology in terms of the coordination of the surveying function to ensure planning is optimised for efficient and safe production
- Interfacing with the mine survey department to ensure designs are issued to the mine for construction and actual survey faces are inputted back into the planning department
- Developing plans for appropriate waste dump management and open-pit void management plans, ensuring leading practice closure principles are adopted by integrating economic and socio-environmental objectives
- Assisting the Mine Manager with various studies outside of the project scope as requested from time to time.
- Benchmarking studies to ascertain best practices of top open cast mines globally
- Assisting with cost and efficiency improvements and Economic evaluations; capital applications; and input to budget preparation
- Identifying Safety risks within the mining function and resolve emerging issues
- Scenario and contingency planning; risk assessment
- Contributing to Safety and Environment (SHE) programs, policies and procedures and attending regular HSE meetings
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant degree in Mining Engineering or similar
- Post graduate qualification in Financial and/or Project Management is an added advantage
- South African Mine Managers Certificate – advantageous
- Registered with ECSA as a Professional Engineer/Professional Certificated Engineer - - advantageous
- A minimum of 10 years opencast experience in mining
- Project management experience at a senior level on a significant capital project – ideally greenfields
- Experience in evaluating contract mining as well as the performance management and development of contractor
- Mine technical design and planning experience or exposure (either owners and/or EPCM team)
- Must have experience in carrying a 2.9.2 appointment.
- Knowledge of mine planning software: Vulcan & Surpac.
- Demonstrable experience in managing a large diversified and multicultural professional team with accountability for delivering a project (preferably greenfield) within project timelines and budget
- Remote mine site experience is essential
Benefits and Contractual information:
- South African candidates will only be considered.
- Relocation to the Northern Cape will be necessary (housing provided)
- Permanent contract on offer
- Salary grading is D Upper (ZAR TCT)
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.