Head of Security (Mining / CCTV / Security / Violations / Criminal / Law Enforcement) – Gauteng, South Africa
Reference Number: 121 0609 MHU
The Head of Security position plans, directs and coordinates activities relating to the protection, safeguarding and security of company assets, employees, invitees and others; ensures that established goals and objectives are accomplished with prescribed priorities, time limitations and with fiscal responsibilities; advises, makes recommendations, assists in the formulation of goals and objectives; designs, implements and monitors security policies, procedures and programs; complies with legal regulations; and exercises independent judgment in the course of carrying out overall responsibilities and other activities as assigned. This position reports directly in to the Head of Security and Risk.
- Plans, examines, analyses, evaluates and supervises all of the client’s security operations, inclusive of physical security assets and security personnel.
- Develops and implements alternative methods for security operation improvement.
- Develops preventative security programs, including the supervision of security personnel
- Performs audits of security related performance and conducts physical surveys of premise security, including security equipment condition
- Conducts, supervises and prepares reports relating to internal investigations of any losses or violations of the client’s regulations, policies and procedures; develops, implements and manages security training
- Serves as the liaison with public law enforcement, fire and other agencies as it relates to security at the company
- Directs and coordinates, through subordinate and/or contract personnel, the client’s activities and security functions, utilizing knowledge of established policies, procedures and practices
- Sets deadlines to ensure completion of operational security functions
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, criminal justice, law enforcement, security or a closely related field
- Any professionally recognized certifications in the security related field
- 10 years+ Proven experience as security manager or similar position
- Law enforcement experience will be advantageous
- Experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV)
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Experience in reporting and emergency response planning
- Solid understanding of budgeting and statistical data analysis
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.