Mine Planning Engineer (underground / board & pillar) - Northern Cape
Reference number: NDS
My client has an underground mine in the Northern Cape. They are seeking a strong Mine Planning Engineer to join their team onsite.
- To produce strategic mine plans and survey related aspects.
- Summarise and analyse production data records.
- Determine ore distribution and efficiencies.
- Analyse production results against planned schedules and recommend corrective action.
- Identify alternative / new support products or systems and conduct tests to determine suitability for use.
- Compile reports and present business case to stakeholders, if necessary.
- Obtain, check and refine information. Collate and submit reports. Run data exception reports and take corrective action. Conduct document control spot-checks.
- Identify recurring problems and derive creative solutions involving team members or using own vocational knowledge and experience.
- Implement compliance requirements. Communicate compliance changes.
- Ensure operational plan is implemented. Determine number of faces required to ensure that production targets can be achieved given the drill and blast capacity.
- Prepare long, medium and short term mineral extraction plans and production schedules.
- Prepare and collate information to determine risks associated with the execution of short and medium term mine plan. (Should face samples be analysed)
- Promote and assure adherence to safety, health and environmental procedures.
- Identify unsafe and hazardous situations. Diagnose incidents and accidents by completing root cause analyses and take corrective action. Conduct risk assessments. Stop work in unsafe areas.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skill
- Grade 12
- Bachelor of Science Engineering (Mining) / Bachelor of Technology (Mining) / National Higher Diploma (Mining Engineering)
- 3 Years’ Mine planning (strategic business planning)
- 2 Years’ Surveying techniques with electronic surveying instruments
- 3 Years’ Operational mining experience
- 3 Years’ Planning Software (Studio 5D Planner, M24D, Datamine, Bord & Pillar Mining)
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent South African contract
- D1 Paterson Grading
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.