Legal and Compliance Practitioner (Mining / Legal Compliance / Managerial Skills / Legislations) – South Africa
Reference Number: 110920173AND
We are currently working on a Legal and Compliance Practitioner vacancy. The ideal candidate will have worked as a Legal Secretary in the past and be very familiar and up to date with all the local Mining Compliance's and Legislation's.
- Establish control and administrative systems that would ensure compliance to all relevant legislation and statutory codes.
- Provide a company secretarial service to the Companies inclusive of director appointments, company registrations, producing and distribution of Board packs and meeting agendas, keeping of minutes and other duties.
- Develop and legally scrutinize all contracts to be concluded by the Companies.
- Attend to all legal issues that may arise and provide professional advice on these.
- Attend to and manage processes involved in the securing and maintaining of prospecting and mining rights in terms of relevant legislation.
- Implement and maintain systems and processes in a manner that will ensure:
- Accurate reporting information on a regular basis as required by the Board, Executive Committee and statutory entities
- Highlighting of sub-standard performance, processes and systems and proposals on how these could be rectified
- Some duties may require travelling to the mine, or any other cities.
- Represents the Company on outside related structures and institutions as and when required to further the objectives of the Companies
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A Bachelor of Arts (LAW) / Law Degree
- MBA an advantage
- Demonstrable success in the legal profession specific to mining
- Demonstrable managerial skills (planning, leading, organising, controlling)
- Report writing skills at Board level
- Professional, excellent verbal and written communication in English
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Position
- Reports to the CEO
- Market Related Salary
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button
and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.