Director - Environmental Unit (Consulting / Environmental / Director / Strategy / NEMA / Biodiversity) – Gauteng, South Africa
Reference Number: 123 1109 MHU
A top environmental consulting company is in search of a Director to provide strategic direction and leadership to their Environmental Unit. Must ensure that the Unit’s Quality, Budget and Deadlines are consistently achieved. Must ensure an effective project management function, clients and Marketing of their Services. They are accountable for Human Capital acquisition and development for the Environmental Unit. They will report directly into the Managing Director.
- Ensures that the Environmental Unit sets and achieves growth and its Financial Targets
- Develop the overall strategy of continuous improvement for the Environmental Unit
- Ensure that the Environmental Unit has the resources and skills to implement the various environmental programs and to ensure that the company and its clients comply at all times with the relevant Environmental legislation
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance for the Environmental Unit
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to grow the company
- Represent the company on various Stakeholder bodies and forums
- Interact with a broad variety of clients and multi-disciplinary project teams across multiple geographies
- Ensure that the Client reports and statutory compliance documents are of the highest standard
- Mentoring, coaching and developing staff
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Masters’ degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering or relevant
- At least 10 years relevant experience
- Solid experience and knowledge of the Environmental Legislation
- Proven Leadership Track record
- Solid Track record in managing projects, multi-disciplinary teams, client and government relationships
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Will involve occasional travel locally and internationally
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.