Chief Financial Officer (Manufacturing / FMCG / Agriculture) – East Africa
Reference Number: DVM
The CFO will oversee the Company’s financial systems, fundraising, and investor relations. The CFO will be a partner to the Group MDs in developing and implementing Company strategy.
- Financial controlling:
- Oversee development of key group accounting policies to standardize across companies, ensuring training is provided as required.
- Verify financial reports and financial control systems from subsidiaries, identifying gaps and improving processes when required
- Financial analysis: conduct analyses of monthly reports, costing, variance, and financial results to inform operational and strategic decisions
- Audit: oversee audit preparation at operating companies and manage auditor at group level for financial year end
- Initiate and oversee internal audits as required
- Group level financial management: Manage group level treasury, financial reporting, and consolidations
- Investor reporting: prepare periodic reports and analysis as requested
- New country set up: Recruit finance personnel and set up systems to adhere to existing standards for reporting and controls
- IT Systems implementation: Oversee transition of existing operations to ERP and ongoing system performance
- Interim FD: ability to act as interim FD if needed during transitions
- Budgeting: Prepare detailed 3 year financial plan support country MD and FD in preparing annual budget
- Fundraising: support country MD and FD on in-country fundraising efforts for debt from local banks
- Country MD support: support the country MD in analyzing the financial results of company and implementing actions to improve financial performance
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Experience as Financial Manager / Financial Controller within a manufacturing environment in Africa
- 5-6 years of audit/assurance experience at major firm, preferably achieving Manager position
- 2 years of experience in manufacturing sector (or substantial focus within audit)
- Experience recruiting and managing an accounting department in Africa
- Agile thinker and great communicator; able to be a meaningful partner to the MDs & Directors
- 5+ years Africa or frontier-market experience.
- Motivated and hard working. Looking forward to an entrepreneurial experience in a rapidly growth business for the next 5 years
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
Danelle van der Merwe (le Roux)
Senior Associate: Banking and Investments
CA Global Finance
If you have not had any response in two weeks
, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.