Civil Engineer Design (Road Maintenance / Load and Haul / Mining / Road Construction / Office Based) – Gauteng, South Africa
Reference number: AND
One of our new clients is currently looking for a qualified Civil Engineer with a Mining background to assist them on their various projects around Africa and South Africa.
If you have experience in Dust Suppression and Road Maintenance of Haul Roads in the mining industry, this could be the perfect role for you.
- The candidate will be required to travel as and when needed to Mine sites
- The Candidate will need to understand Tendor & Vendor Applications and need to fill these out for submissions
- Technical input into road design to ensure mining haul roads are fit for purpose
- Review the scope of work, drawings, bills of quantity and cost estimates for each road rehabilitation, maintenance and construction
- Inspect construction sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance of engineering plans, specifications and construction and safety standards;
- Make recommendations on equipment needs and conduct periodic spot inspection of equipment to ensure functionality
- Train local employees in all phases of operation and ensure safety and environmental procedures are followed.
- Candidate must be able to work alone without continuous supervision
- Health and Safety experience is a high priority
- Previous experience in an EPCM environment is preferred
Requirements: Qualifications and skill
- Qualified Civil Engineer
- 2 – 3 years’ experience required
- The candidate must have a valid passport for travel
- Candidate must be computer literate
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Code 14, capable of using a Grader, driving a Watercart and using a Road Sweeper will be advantageous
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button
and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Mining: Global Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.