Reference Number: 8822009NDS
Our international mining client is currently seeking to fill the vacancy of PMO Manager to lead and manage the Project Management Office related to Group Processing Portfolio of Work Management execution.
The Project Management Office/Integration team is a team that defines and maintains standards for project management within the group. The PMO strives to standardize and introduce economies of repetition in the execution of projects and underpins the project delivery mechanisms by ensuring that all business change in an organization is managed in a controlled way. This team enables Group management processes, metrics, systems and tools
The central processing function is accountable for thought leadership in the field of processing, process optimisation and technical specialization in the various unit processes across the business in order to maximize the potential of the endowment and capital deployed. Central Processing is accountable to be operationally relevant through the deployment of value accretive or risk mitigated solutions in operating business units
- Support Head of Project Integration/PMO and partner with Group Processing in completing related processes and services.
- Portfolio Management Consolidation & Reporting (including data process and reporting)
- Workforce Planning (including resource management and re-charge process)
- Project Management Framework
- Business Plan Integration
- Collaboration (including Document Management, Lessons Learned, Portal and other tool implementations
- Design, develop, implement and maintain process and tools for all projects and initiatives in Group Processing.
- Implement enhancements to integrate with multiple functions and provide a true One Source database for projects and initiatives for the Group.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain Project Management processes and tools/systems that enable the consistent delivery of quality initiatives.
- Serve as a project manager/program manager for Group Processing efforts in order to achieve successful, value based outcomes for Group Processing.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain Group Processing Portal, document management solution and tools and document management governance.
- Lead resources in Group Processing to Align resources to achieve objectives, Develop and implement contingency plans to assure goal achievement and reduce risk, Establish, manage and ensure execution of work plans (e.g. targets, budgets, infrastructure, resources and processes); continually evaluate priorities and resources to ensure alignment with objectives and strategy, Build a high-performing team (e.g. employee goal setting, delegation, coaching, mentoring, development of others), Build and maintain effective relationships with key Partners and Clients: Inform, influence and engage with key clients and partners. Build trust and credibility and manage relationships with internal network and external vendors and contacts to achieve business results. Promote an open and collaborative environment by encouraging the sharing of information and resources across boundaries.
- Visibly demonstrate SHE behaviour and company values and hold others accountable for doing the same.
- Manages, monitors and drives project activities within a specific project or operation.
- Proactively escalates risks and proposes mitigating actions
- Optimise and manage through selection, timing and sequencing a capital project management office in order to ensure both achievability and best practical value contribution, within set parameters
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- An undergraduate qualification (Bachelors / Honours degree or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline.
- A postgraduate qualification (Masters / Doctoral degree or equivalent) is desirable
- Track record of assisting with translating ideas into practical initiatives to be implemented and a demonstration of successful execution and delivery of Costing initiatives within the Project Management Office area
- Knowledge and experience in process design, data management, analysis and reporting activities.
- Ability to:
- Solve technical and operational issues in cooperation with relevant stakeholders and implement the most effective solutions to drive efficiency
- Optimise productivity and quality targets by utilising deep technical expertise and cooperating with multi-disciplinary teams to highlight and address areas of improvement
- Effectively engage with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve required outcomes
- Facilitate agreement and co-operation using a diplomatic and open approach
- Work with diverse teams and sensitive to local social, political and cultural realities
- Comfortably interact across all mediums of interaction with teams and stakeholders
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 2 year contract (Band 5)
- Based in Head Office in Johannesburg
- Only South African citizens will be considered