SHERQ Manager (SHEQ / Mining / Safety / SOP / Open Pit / Permit To Work / Quality) – Northern Cape, South Africa
Reference Number: 128 2909 MHU
A manganese mining company is in need of a SHERQ Manager for their operations in the Northern Cape.
- Utilize the Integrated Management Systems (IMS) to initiate, investigate and direct SHEQ focus points
- Direct and coordinate the implementation and adherence to Permit to Work systems
- Keep the site abreast with relevant Legislative changes and ensure site wide legislative compliance
- Develop, align and implement SHEQ related Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Guidelines and Toolkits at Site Level and identify and implement tools to support implementation
- Facilitate internal and external SHEQ Audits and monitor and report closure on Site Audit findings
- Report on the Performance of site SHEQ Management Systems
- Maintain the Contractor SHEQ Management Process
- Facilitate the development of the Site Risk Management Plan and monitor implementation for both pure and speculative risks
- Manage Continuous Improvement through Operational Excellence
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Open cast mining experience
- Mining or SHEQ (Safety, Health/Hygiene, Environment or Quality) Management Degree
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Mining with at least 3 years relevant experience in the SHEQ fraternity, preferably in a SHEQ managerial position
- Good leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Benefits and Contractual information:
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.