Reference Number: ZAS
We are currently looking for a Portuguese speaking candidate to take up the position of Vice President for the upstream operations business unit. The successful candidate will be expected to perform the functions of manage operations of upstream facilities in Mozambique in an efficient and reliable fashion, ensure the uninterrupted supply of gas to meet company operations to 2050, drive for full potential delivery in Mozambique from current operations, support efficient resource maturation in Mozambique, ensure all key activities conducted in Mozambique are in line and support E&P strategy and plans and serve as leading OME in Mozambique.
- Ensure safety of operations at all times for people and environment.
- Deliver production targets (volumes) according to annual and shorter term plans.
- Manage direct operating costs to ensure maximum possible efficiency.
- Manage and provide in country services related to Supply Chain Management.
- Manage all SHE activities for operations, and during development/start-up of new facilities in accordance to company and relevant regulations.
- Engineering (Small Projects) & Maintenance:
- Manage delivery of small projects and modifications to support operational efficiency/improvements.
- Protect asset integrity by executing maintenance excellence and longer-term maintenance strategies.
- Sub-surface & wells:
- Manage all Reservoirs and Wells Surveillance, Management and Optimisation activities:
- Monitor production and identify field performance improvement opportunities; assess optimal reservoir maintenance activities (e.g. PSA/oil)
- Maintain static and dynamic reservoir models and tools to support effective reservoir Management.
- Develop production forecasts.
- Integrated activity planning:
- Manage integrated activity planning across operations PPA, PSA, other activities, partners and downstream customer requirements to support efficient management of interfaces as well as take accountability for managing GSA contract nominations (marketing).
- Major Projects (PSA, PPA, SCRs):
- Provide in-country project execution support to all major projects, working closely with Major Projects & Development VP.
- Local content:
- Ensure that Work force in the office and in the plant are 95% local within tenure, especially management and supervisory roles.
- Business Support:
- Ensure alignment of business drivers to country drivers and regulations.
- Compile and submit a coherent and integrated annual operation plan and budget. Own Mozambique operations budget performance.
- Secure partners approval and support for budget and operations.
- Manage and provide in country lead support services for Finance, IM, HR, and CSR.
- Providing company BU’s with effective engagement advice for in-country business strategic and tactical matters.
- Provides a communication link between the In-Country office and the company home office/s; ensuring that timing and purpose of reporting requirements are understood and met with submissions provided on time and in an appropriate format/detail.
- Managing the delivery of HR Shared Services support (in line with service level agreements) to the activities of other BU’s in the country.
- Short term priorities:
- Ensure delivery of PSA safely, on-time and on-budget.
- Assess sub-surface full potential in Mozambique and create a long-term development plan to address gas to South Africa to 2050.
- Work closely with EPTS to ensure proper transition to new operating model; establish SLAs.
- Implement identified operational improvement and sustainment initiatives.
- Ensure delivery of non-O&G projects safely, on-time and on-budget (e.g. housing project).
- BSc and/or MSc in one of the main technical disciplines - Subsurface, or Engineering and a relevant Business Degree.
- Typically, 15 years in the energy industry with relevant experience in upstream oil & gas and/or petrochemical industry.
- At least 10 years must be in a leadership role.
- Multinational business experience.
- Sound multi-functional stakeholder management and engagement abilities.
- Able to speak Portuguese.
- Ability to manage production & well operations in all aspects.
- Deep asset management expertise and experience
- Major projects expertise and experience
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Ability to effectively leverage central resources
- Health and Safety knowledge
- Facilitating of strategy processes
- Communication and presentation skills
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’ and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
Oil & Gas Team Manager
The CA Global Group
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.