Reference Number: MIM
Our client is a non-profit organization that supplies smallholder farmers in East Africa with asset-based financing and agriculture training services to reduce hunger and poverty.
The Government Relations and Policy team works with governments at a local, national, and regional level to advocate on behalf of the organisations clients. The team builds relationships with government officials to keep them informed about their work, ensure they comply with all laws related to their field work, and create opportunities to better serve their clients. The team also advocates across Africa, the United States, and Europe to improve policies that benefit smallholder farmers. The Global Director of Government Relations and Policy will lead the team as it expands into new countries and new policy landscapes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Career growth and development
- Managing a team of 50+ government relations staffers with local, national, and regional portfolios
- Mentoring individual staff members to become stronger leaders and more effective managers
- Setting the vision for government relations operations in Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Burundi, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia and all pilot countries
- Leading strategy for policy and advocacy projects across Africa, the United States and Europe
- Driving organizational risk management on key issues related to political and immigration trends in the countries where they operate
- Ensuring government relations staff provide clear analysis and support to the company leadership on expansion planning, both in new and existing countries
- Ensuring all required licenses and registrations are secured for the complete portfolio of products offered in each country program, including in new fields like nutrition.
Our client invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. They provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. They also have regular one-on-one meetings, where they listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of the rapid growth, they constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
Education & Experience Required:
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Seeking exceptional candidates with 8 - 10+ years’ work experience and a demonstrated passion for international development.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 8+ years’ experience working with governments on behalf of organizations or policy initiatives.
- Significant experience working in international development or related industries, ideally in work that touches on the private sector or social enterprises.
- Demonstrated experience in managing large, multi-country teams with varied professional development needs.
- Energy and flexibility. Looking for candidates who show a passion for this work, and who thrive in fast-changing management and government environments.
- Strong relationship manager with experience in identifying and securing advocates across a number of African governments.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple country offices and departments (remote workplace experience preferred).
- Willingness to travel internationally for 8 to 10 weeks a year.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Humility. We are looking for professionals who combine strong leadership skills with patience, and a humble approach to service.
- Languages: English required; Swahili or French desirable.
- International candidates are also welcome to apply.
- Preferred start date - Flexible
- Job location - East Africa capital city (with travel internationally required 8 to 10 weeks per year)
- Duration - Full-time job; long-term commitment
- Compensation - Offer modest starting salary that affords a high quality of life. This is a career-track role with performance-based raises and the ability to expand responsibilities over time.
- Benefits - Health insurance, immunizations, flights, housing
- Career Level: Executive leadership
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.