Reference Number: GBB
We are looking for a Network Development & Retail Engineering Manager to be based in Lusaka, Zambia. The successful candidate will be expected to implement / deliver the retail network plan with specific regard to all aspects of network development, site optimisation and property management; to manage a network portfolio to maximise its profitability and returns; and to manage site-based construction and engineering activities in order to deliver the Retail construction, integrity and maintenance programs & related activities.
- Custodian of the retail network master plan, to be reviewed annually.
- Ensure retail network investments are aligned with the approved network strategy.
- To perform investment appraisals of growth/value added projects and to prepare business cases for capital expenditure requests, including Maintenance capex budget.
- Negotiation of property purchase, lease agreements, supply agreements and financing (loans, prepaid rentals/rebates)
- Act as Project Manager for all site optimization projects.
- Timely negotiation and renewal of main lease agreements/ supply agreements for existing company-leased and dealer-owned service stations
- Identification and sale of unprofitable assets on the retail network.
- Preparation and follow up of approvals of investment/divestment proposals for the above projects.
- Prepare, maintain and update property database of the whole network with key emphasis on critical dates (renewals, expiry,..)
- Responsible for all property administration in the retail network portfolio – timely payment of rents, rates and taxes.
- Responsible for ensuring that network information systems reflect the correct data.
- Track and report network KPI’s on a monthly basis.
- To act as Property Manager for the retail network in view of optimising the value of the asset base and ensure that it enhances business performance.
- To liaise with relevant authorities for securing all permits and clearances for all growth/value added projects required as per the local legal framework.
- To manage maintenance activities and programs via the appointed FMC in the Retail
- To manage site-based construction engineering activities to deliver the Retail construction program
- Call for tenders for projects
- Local contractor management & works quality control
- Managing the relationship/partnership with consultants
- Ensure agreed HSSE standards are implemented
- Manage project budgets and approve invoices
- Procurement of approvals necessary for construction activities
- Perform Contractor Qualification / Accreditation per Global Shell Procedures
- Graduate in the field of Management, Engineering, and Sales or related.
- Minimum 7 years of work experience and preferably in a Retail environment.
- Extensive experience in the construction engineering/ construction project management field (preferably but not necessarily in the oil industry).
- Comprehensive knowledge of service stations design & HSSE specifications & standards.
- Knowledge of Retail sites construction, procurement & tendering processes.
- Project management experience.
- Rough understanding of the retail business
- Results oriented and Ability to deliver through others and lead team synergies.
- Manage Site/Cluster Operating Standards & Processes
- Manage Platforms and Agreements
- Manage Relationships with Retailers
- Manage Site/Cluster Performance & Administration
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
The CA Global Group
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.