Reference Number: LUL_TM
The role of Treasury Officer SSA is based in Stellenbosch and assists with the Treasury function of the overall Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) region. Today, the region principally consists of the South African business but may further extend.
Primary responsibilities will include involvement in the daily treasury operation. This involves assisting in the payment processes and approval, cash management, cash flow planning, investment management, arranging (transactional) trade financing with international banks, making recommendation of foreign exchange hedging strategy and execute foreign exchange trades, as well as managing the overall banking and futures brokerage and Exchange relationships and related documentary issues in the region.
The Treasury Officer will work closely with the regional CFO and finance team. Legal and compliance as well as the traders to understand the business and help find ways to reduce the working capital of the region. He/She will also work in close collaboration with the Treasury and trade finance teams in the Geneva Headquarters
Treasury processes Assistance:
- Assistance in implementing the global Group Treasury processes in the two South African entities as well as any new SSA country, including but not limited to: o Ensuring that the Delegation of Authority and Signing Patterns are in place with all banks.
- Ensuring that the proper business approvals are put in place for invoice approvals and that the payment processes are strictly adhered to.
- In charge of the banking relationships for the SSA Region to ensure proper funding for the local entities.
- Negotiation of lines in close collaboration with the Global Financing Team, Legal and Tax in order to ensure compliance with the clients requirements in relations with facility structures and covenants.
- Coordination with Head office for the issuance of the Parent Company guarantees.
- Preparation of reporting to banks and central bank (wherever needed).
- Management of the accounts and the signers ensuring that the signers are in line with the global group delegation of Authority.
- Set-up of off-balance sheet structures to reduce the working capital of the entities.
- Finding banks for special projects or sensitive destinations.
- Manage the payment process for the different entities ensuring that the proper business approvals are followed in order to approve invoices
- Review and approve payments
- Analyse forecasts in order to be able to take the appropriate decisions for the Group Funding
- Manage the intercompany loans
- Manage local debt and borrowings and enter the loan information in the global systems of the group
- Timely daily debt and cash reporting in the group treasury systems
- Ensure proper reporting of the debt, interest and cash by the accounting team
- Daily reporting of Broker cash to the clearing and settlement team
- In charge of monthly and ad-hoc reporting to head-office treasury
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Work in close contact with the traders to better understand the working capital requirements of the region in order to explore route to decrease and optimize it.
- Review the current broker set-up and proceed to the necessary changes to optimize broker set-up in order to reduce working capital requirements. This will be done in close contact with Finance as well as the global clearing team
- Primary contact for central bank requirements
- Liaise with the FX traders for the SG&A hedging
- Provide any information requested by the external auditors.
- Grow the role to new countries and entities if and when required.
- Address any additional reporting or requirements that may arise for the region.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- University degree in Business administration and / or Finance and / or Engineering
- High level of IT skills especially on database understanding (Access, Sharepoint, advanced excel). Keen on automating systems
- Currently working for an internationally known brand in Agriculture/ FMCG or related fields (not within the banking or finance sector)
- Must display strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English (written and oral)
- Strong team player
- Enthusiastic, dynamic personality with comfort in a complex multinational work environment
- Able to work independently under tight deadlines and constraint
- Ability to work in a semi-manual environment that requires enhancements
- Possess highest standards of integrity and reliability.
- Permanent position.
- Potential Flexible working hours.
- Market Related Salary.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
to Lise Kotze
Please visit www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities. Please note - only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and all CV's are recorded on our database for other suitable roles.