Reference: SHRJob Description:
Our client, a leading Financial Services institution, is seeking to employ a dynamic; commercially astute; and innovative Operations Director within their Kenyan operation. This person will formulate and implement growth strategies for the Group’s business within the Kenyan market, through driving and motivating the sales team and leading business strategies; i.e. technical product development and delivering it to market.Responsibilities
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Strategic Planning and Development: Assuming responsibility for the preparation of the strategic and development plans of the Company
- Finance: Determining the financial strategy for the Group, and maintaining and improving its financial health.
- Business Development, Brand Support and Visibility: Identifying market developments, political, economic, legislative and underwriting trends affecting profit and growth objectives so as to interpret their impact and ensure appropriate action is taken
- Undertaking market research and leading in the development of appropriate products for the market.
- Information and Technology: Assuming strategic responsibility for the management information function within the Group and the accuracy, internal and external use of that information.
- A Bachelor’s degree; a Master’s degree in a business-related field (advantageous)
- At least 12 to 15 years’ experience, within the financial services industry (micro finance experience is preferred)
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Kenyan micro finance industry and its concepts.
- A good understanding of local customers, the market and industry competitors.
- Sales & Marketing experience
- Experience gained in launching new products within the financial services sector