The Head, Internal Control manages independent examinations
of the financial, operational and process systems
the organisations business units, while establishing and maintaining a system of controls that would safeguard the organization’s assets as well as prevent and detect errors and fraud.
Our client is the regional distributor for the world’s leading manufacturers of sanitary fittings, kitchen, tiles, doors and other interior solutions
. They excel in the provision of total bathroom solutions, creating unique and innovative bathroom themes for both the domestic and commercial markets.
Duties & Responsibilities, KPA:
As the Head, Internal Control, you will be required to do the following:
- Manage the review and monitoring of compliance to processes, policies and procedures and implementation of the recommendations
- Manage stock reconciliation and fixed assets verification
- Manage the process of risk identification, assessments and reviews
- Manage the transaction reviews of payments, transfers, returns, deliveries and receipts, tracking budget performance
- Facilitate and drive the remediation of internal control weaknesses with multiple stakeholders (support line managers, business units and other process owners) with a strong focus on a timely but also sustainable remediation thereof.
- Ensure clear ownership in all control processes through strong communication and alignment skills.
- Prepare and document well defined deficiency descriptions with a proper materiality calculation and root causes in order to allow for data and trend analysis within the business.
- Ensures that all business and support functions have covered the most significant risk attributes by well-defined and robust internal controls.
- Consult internal customers on ways to improve the quality and efficiency of their internal controls. (e.g. through automation and improved methods of documentation), while maintaining the same or even increasing the overall level of assurance.
- Review books of account and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Manage periodic evaluation of the effectiveness of the internal control system, implement any changes necessary to ensure the integrity of the system in view to improve them and propose value-added recommendations.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with regulations, and management policies.
- Doing everything else as directed by your line manager
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Education & Experience Required:
- M. Sc Accounting/Finance and must be a Chartered Accountant
- Minimum 8 years cognate experience.
- Very good working knowledge of MS Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Policy Formulation & Implementation
- Cost Management
- Financial Systems Savvy
- Budgeting & Budgetary Control
- Tax Management
- Financial Modelling
- Financial Reporting
- Trade Finance & Documentary Collection
Executive Director and the Board
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.