CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: RSBBLR002
Responsible for supporting the development and implementation of strategies and plans to support the Bank’s outreach through the use of events to promote Bank mandate and activities. The jobholder functions as a key part of the Bank’s Communications and Events Management team, ensuring effective communication of the Bank’s message through the use of Bank-organized activities which promote the mandate and project the Bank’s brand image.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Support the development and implementation of the Bank’s communications strategy and plan, ensuring integration with the Bank’s Strategic Plan and Annual Business Plans using all appropriate channels. As part of this process, the job holder gives particular focus to events and activities planned by the Bank by coordinating planning and ensuring that deadlines and budgets are met;
- Ensure timely implementation of activities related to the Bank’s event management strategy to give visibility to Bank-organized events in order to promote the Bank’s mandate and brand;
- Ensure effective design, production and delivery of Bank events;
- Provide support for the management of events organized by the Bank, including coordinating and liaising with event management agencies engaged by the Bank;
- Manage staff and agency personnel retained by the Bank for event coordination activities;
- Coordinate details of Bank events, including venues, promotion, fees, invitations, speakers, special guests, vendor payments, communications, and logistics;
- Calculate budgets;
- Ensure definition of the Bank’s corporate brand through events;
- Give approval for event-related items, such as music and menus;
- Analyze event performance and prepare post-event reports; and
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Relevant First degree (Event Management, Mass Communication, Marketing, or related discipline) and a post graduate degree in the same or related fields from a recognized University;
- Sound experience of at least 8 years with a leading organization, preferably international, and demonstrated experience in event management;
- Practical experience as an event management professional;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English or French and proficiency or good working knowledge of the other. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages (Arabic and Portuguese) is an added advantage;
- Familiarity with functions and operating modalities of financial service institutions will be a clear advantage;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting and good knowledge of the African continent;
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives; and
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to build and nurture relationships with internal and external counterparties to attain goals.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.