Reference Number: LUL_CPAN
To coordinate group consolidated reporting, develop and implement divisional plans and objectives, coordinate of budget processes and reporting, management of statutory reporting.
Strategic Development and Implementation
- Develop & implement divisional plan & objectives.
- Coordinate the budget process with fixed parameters/ guidelines are set up in conjunction with stakeholders & Company President
- Ensure guidelines aligned with business objectives
- Compile & distribute guideline memorandum to all relevant stakeholders within set time frame
- Provide accurate technical support / advice
- Monitor and report expenditure budget compared to approved budget on a monthly basis
- Take remedial actions to rectify variances if required
- Report accurate monthly reports to Management team
- Report on management and statutory reports generated from financial systems
- Ensure reports are compiled according to set standards, format and within set time frame
- Ensure compliance to legislative requirements (GAAP/ IAS)
- Report on annual/ interim financial reports compiled & submitted to The Company Board as required
- Manage & implement financial recording system to maintain integrity of financial data
- Develop & implement financial management systems
- Ensure invoicing, costing & billing is aligned with business/ client requirements
- Manage the audit time schedule to ensure audit is completed on time.
- Minimise audit qualifications and problem areas solved pro-actively
Treasury and Forex
- Implement and maintain SOX control mechanisms to minimise financial risks
- Manage tax calculations according to legislative regulations
- Ensure returns are accurately completed and submitted according to set standards
- Ensure tax returns & payments are approved within set time frames by Public Officer
- Ensure company tax is structured according to best practices & company requirements
- Optimise working capital of The Company and align with approved funding structures
- Provide accurate technical advice/ support provided to operations
- Develop & implement Cash management plan to ensure sufficient funds available at all times
- Manage forex to ensure service level agreements developed & agreed to meet business requirements
- Ensure performance levels are monitored & pro-active actions taken where required
- Develop & implement asset management policies & procedures that is aligned with business objectives & strategies
- Optimise procurement/ disposal of assets and ensure practices adhere to asset management policy & procedures
- Ensure procurement/ disposal processes aligned with approved CAPEX budget
- Maintain Capex Projects and ensure Project information is accurately monitored
- Manage & monitor Insurance portfolio according to business standards
- Ensure business risks/ liabilities/ exposures minimised at all times (controllable)
- Ensure Negotiations are conducted to ensure best premiums/ wording obtained
- Manage major contract terms & conditions to minimize business risk
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Promote teamwork, provide support, manage and evaluate performance by creating and maintaining individual development plans and performance contracts for subordinates
- Plan, organise, lead, control and develop subordinates' activities
- Set goals and objectives for the team. Monitor and provide feedback
- Recommend and approve development plans.
- Assist with and develop and coach team members.
- Comply with HR and company policies and procedures as well as legislation and current labour agreements.
- Conduct and participate in Performance Reviews for sub-function.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- BComm Degree Accounting
- Master Accounting
- Accounting Operational / Managerial, 8 – 10Years Experience
- People Management Supervisory 5 Years
- Microsoft Office Suit (Advanced Excel), SAP
- Permanent Position.
- Market Related.