CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com
. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: LASBLR03
- Manpower Planning: The role will ensure that all new staff requests, both temporary and permanent are properly justified and aligned to the Bank’s strategic plan and the appropriate reports presented to the Staff Management Committee for approval. Preparing and updating the Bank’s manpower plan as required for budgeting purposes;
- Talent Acquisition Strategy: Assist in the development and execution of a talent acquisition strategy and framework model as well as refining the recruitment and selection processes as required;
- Talent Pipelining & Acquisition: Ensure that the Bank recruits the right talent through supporting the building and sustenance of a talent pipeline in a proactive manner. In addition, also manage the talent acquisition process of both permanent and temporary staff, to ensure timeliness, cost efficiency and fit for purpose recruitments. Proactively screen passive and active candidates for pipeline generation and candidate database;
- Selection: Responsible for the end to end management of the selection processes for all categories of staff, including input into selection tools. Engage with hiring managers on the appropriate recruitment and selection strategies. Review role profiles and job advertisement if required to ensure attraction and selection of the right candidates to meet the role requirements;
- Stakeholder Management: Collaborate with and build relationships with Heads of Departments on recruitment processes. Liaise with relevant departments in the recruitment process flow (Administration, Protocol & Travel) to ensure positive collaboration efforts in the recruitment process. Provision of requested information as required for Assurance purposes e.g. for Internal Audit purposes. Handling of contracting and monitoring of SLAs with recruitment agencies;
- Onboarding: Handle all the preparations for onboarding new staff including preparation of contracts, employee documentation and communication with the recruitment agencies and candidates as required;
- Staff Records Management: Oversee the staff records management process to ensure that all required staff documents/ background checks are timeously updated (electronically and physically) and stored securely;
- Reporting: Measure, assess, and report on the effectiveness of the recruitment process including opportunities for process improvements and strategies to attract scarce skills. Contribute to the department’s monthly report with the relevant HR metrics and information;
- Employer Brand: Collaborate with the rest of the HR Team to refine strategies and develop new solutions to continually improve the employee experience;
- Off-Boarding: Manage the exit process for all departing staff (permanent & temporary) to ensure that all termination procedures (including system actions) have been completed as per the Bank’s rules policies and procedures. Ongoing analysis of key data relating to employee exit trends and preparation of reports and recommendations to management;
- HR Systems: Active interest in the HR Systems & automations identifying any required enhancements to ensure that recruitment & selection processes are made more efficient and able to support required HR reporting and data integrity whilst delivering a positive employee experience. Ensure the necessary administration and technology activities related to recruitment, onboarding & offboarding are actioned on a timely basis;
- HR Policies & Procedures: Provide input in the development of and ensure application of all recruitment & selection related policies and procedures and ensure adherence to the same;
- Long-Term Staff Benefits Administration: Responsible for acting as the key liaison between external service providers of long-term benefits such as medical insurance, staff insurance retirement benefits and mortgage scheme, and co-ordination with the payroll section as required to ensure that new staff are correctly and timely enrolled in the applicable long-term benefit schemes; and any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University and a relevant post graduate degree in HR/Psychology/Business Management/Commerce or another related field;
- A professional qualification in HR is an added advantage;
- Generalist Human Resources experience with minimum 5 years practical experience specifically in HR Operations. Experience in the financial services industry is essential;
- Impeccable computer skills including the full suite of MS Office applications with strong excel skills;
- Experience of using HR systems is essential with exposure to SuccessFactors being critical. Experience with other systems such as SAP, Oracle can also be an advantage;
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality;
- Resilient individual who is effective in engaging with stakeholders and staff at all levels as well as working with service providers such as recruitment agencies to achieve required outcomes;
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of HR practices in Africa;
- A self-starter with demonstrable organisation and planning skills, effective prioritization using a project management approach and a customer service focus; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other official languages will be an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
CA Global Finance will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.