CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: THJBLR4
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Originating and completing Export related projects across a spectrum of sectors in different countries in liaison with the branch teams and with support from the Head of Export Development;
- Structuring transactions/projects that support industrialization and export development, developing and negotiating term sheets to execution;
- Participate in the preparation of annual business development plans, covering all aspects of financing of projects in respect of our export development programme;
- Translate business development plans into real business for the Bank from all segments of the Trade and Export markets by structuring and financing:
- Export manufacturing projects
- Agro-processing projects; and
- Service export projects
- Developing, marketing and managing product programmes such as the CONMED, CONTOUR, AFRICOIN and Non-equity modes as a means of facilitating industrialization and export development;
- Design schemes and road-shows for establishing market presence with emphasis on broadening the geographic scope of the Bank’s activities and promoting industrialization and export development;
- Manage given portfolios, from the process of origination, credit approval and contracting to ensure that the process is finalised within optimal time;
- Supporting the Credit Assessment department with relevant information to facilitate the credit process and the Legal department during transaction documentation;
- In line with the above, liaise with the Banking Operations department to ensure that once approval is obtained, disbursement is done within the required timelines and that the portfolio is managed according to the terms of the agreement and to the client’s satisfaction, until expiry of the same;
- Establishing ties with market participants including international banks, African financial institutions, project finance intermediaries, project sponsors and developers, corporates and commodity boards and organizations; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Senior Management.
- A First Degree plus a Post graduate degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized University;
- A professional qualification in Banking or International Trade Finance will be an added advantage;
- Sound experience of at least 8 years with a leading organisation and familiarity with the major trade and export development finance products to be offered to clients especially syndication, co-financing, club deals, structured trade finance, project finance, corporate finance risk participations, project-related financing and considerable knowledge of how these works;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting and therefore knowledge of the workings of the main segments of the trade finance markets and the participants in major regions of Africa;
- Ability to meet senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and win their confidence that the specialist’s products will meet the needs of these parties;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic, and Portuguese);
- Proven experience in marketing trade and project finance products. The candidate must demonstrate experience and knowledge of designing and selling structured trade finance products;
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives; and
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply