Reference Number: 310 0506 MHU
To develop and maintain profitable ongoing customer relationships to generate income for the business. To actively promote and sell the company products in order to achieve or exceed budgeted order intake, revenue and gross margins. The ideal candidate will have come from a technical background such as a Diesel Mechanic and progressed in to a sales role. This role reports directly in to the Commercial Manager Used Equipment and Technical Director.
- Market and sell used machines offered by the Company’s equipment.
- Achieve sales and margin targets as agreed to with management.
- Provide punctual and accurate reporting with regards to all CRM and other sales reports.
- Build and maintain allocated customer base and grow new customer base by cold calling.
- Ensure trade-ins are washed and ready for sale.
- Comply with all of the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Be able to work independently and without supervision.
- Ensure that customers are always well informed on new trade-ins.
- Follow up on repairs to used machines.
- Provide solutions with regards to machine applications.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent
- Minimum 5-10 years exposure and/or experience in sales environment.
- Heavy transport & earthmoving industry exposure preferable
- Must have a valid drivers license
- A strong technical knowledge of earthmoving machines and hydraulics
- Able to deal professionally with middle and senior management and customers
- Skilled at self-planning and time management
- Computer literate in MS packages with SAP experience preferred
- Must be presentable and able to promote the company
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent role
- Will involve travel
- Base salary + commission