Reference Number: RSB
The incumbent is responsible for active management of allocated portfolio of assets. Specifically, he/she shall provide on-going management/monitoring (including disbursements), evaluation and reporting on portfolio investees. He/she shall also be the primary point of contact (internally & externally) for performance metrics and other necessary information relating to the allotted investments.
Data Analysis & Reporting:
- Assist with developing and implementing strategies that ensure project and portfolio effectiveness.
- Actively identify relevant regional and global trends and sectoral themes and work in conjunction with the relevant investment team to develop appropriate mitigating and enhancing structures, strategies and exits for the portfolio mix.
- Actively undertake competitor/ comparator analysis in terms of portfolio strategy and provide appropriate insight to management, including making recommendations for improving the portfolio management process.
- Manage a sector specific portfolio of structured finance and equity transactions until maturity or exit as determined by management.
- Provide analysis, on either a single asset or portfolio basis, as directed by the Vice President for Portfolio Monitoring, to assist with decision making by management.
- Support other members of the Portfolio Management team in the coordination, preparation, and generation of materials related to portfolio management oversight and evaluation.
- Participate, in conjunction with the relevant internal teams (including legal), in transaction negotiations for renewals, modifications, and new facilities. Specifically, conduct analysis of requests to support clients with requirements for additional facilities, including compiling credit applications and presenting requests to the necessary Investment/Credit Committees.
- Working in conjunction with the relevant investments team, retain primary responsibility for the administrative processes associated with disbursements and portfolio monitoring/ management.
- Analyse portfolio metrics to assist in the development of models that will enhance the institution’s ability to predict future behaviour of the existing portfolio as well as new projects being considered, in order to achieve business goals.
- Ensure that data/ information provided to internal and external parties is accurate and complete by conducting detailed reviews of portfolio information.
- Develop sector portfolio management dashboard including but not limited to status reviews, risk rating scorecards, troubled asset reports and periodic reporting for assets under management.
- Review all monitoring reports to identify key issues which needs to be addressed.
- Oversee the implementation and monitoring of CPs / CSs and exits on a project by project basis (in collaboration with transaction teams); and proffer recommendations.
- Work proactively with clients to ensure compliance with facility covenants and delivery of monitoring reports and other reporting activities.
Client /Relationship Management:
- Under close supervision from the Vice President for Portfolio Management, initiate equity valuation for equity assets in portfolio and liaise with sector teams, finance and other relevant stakeholders to close periodic equity valuations.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Working in collaboration with the relevant Investment team, develop and maintain strong relationships with industry specialists and relevant parties in investee companies and to gain insights required for proactive portfolio management reporting and enhanced investment decisions.
- Play an active role as part of a team of portfolio managers responsible for the creation of a range of alternative portfolios optimization strategies under capital restrictions and/or return requirements.
- Respond to ongoing client inquiries and requests.
- Participate in client, project site, and monitoring visits.
- Discharge other duties that may be assigned.
- Reports to the Head of Portfolio Management and interfaces with a wide variety of internal and external parties at all levels.
- Relates with Sector Heads and the Investments team and other staff across the corporation as required.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- A strong first degree in engineering/economics/finance from a recognised university.
- MBA or other quantitative Masters-level degree will be an added advantage.
- Possession of relevant professional qualification such as CFA, FRM, CPA, ACCA etc.
- 4 to 8 years professional experience preferably in infrastructure related investment banking or financial advisory.
- 3+ years’ experience in risk, structured finance, portfolio management or have a strong skill set in financial analysis or an understanding of the leveraged finance market deal environment is preferable.
- Previous experience in at least two of the following key sectors (e.g. oil and gas and/or mining and/or power and/or transport and Heavy Industries and Telecom, and Trade Finance).
- Fluency in writing and speaking English is mandatory.
- Proficiency in French, and/or Portuguese would be desirable.
- Willingness to travel “out-of-station” with minimal prior notice.
- Willing to relocate to Lagos, Nigeria
- 3 – year renewable contract
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.